Marriage? - only knew my girlfriend for 7 months, soon to go to college, but why not marry her?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I think marriage is something you need to really think about before jumping into it. If you've only known her for 7 months I think you still have a lot to learn about her.

Also you both are pretty young to be getting married, what if one of you wants to back out in the near future? Marriage is serious, it takes commitment and a vow that means you're in it for the long haul and not going to break up.

Most importantly, if you have plans to go to college don't jeopardise them with marriage. Education should come first because what good is a marriage if you can't provide for yourselves or your future family..

Not that you can't get a job without going to college, you can- but it won't be a good one. Hope this helps!

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Because such a decision shouldn't be made on a whim. Are you ready for the commitments in which marriage entails? And take into the account the lengthy divorce process you COULD go through. Is 7 months enough time to truly know a person that you're going to spend the "rest of your life" with? And have you two lived together and become accustomed to each other's quirks/annoyances?

1|0
    0|0
  • engagement it better. abit early dont u think?

1|0
    0|0
  • you should ask her when you are like 27

0|0
    0|0
  • BECAUSE YOU ARE YOUNG, you should have a exiting life or some adventures.

0|0
    0|0