If either you or your wife has a miscarriage, should you try for another child? and if so, how long should you wait in respect of your lost child to try again?

Most Helpful Guy

• Do a quick google search on actually how common miscarriages happens or fertilized embryos never attach and start growing. Even doctors don't get too concerned unless you have had 3 in a row. I understand the loss is traumatic, but people need to realize starting and creating a life is a complicated procedure. When something isn't right, this is just natures way. I don't understand how some people are utterly destroyed and vow never to conceive again! Shit happens. Morn for a few months, and once your body is ready, get back on the horse and try again! No point in being sad and depressed about it.

What Guys Said 3

• Till she's ready

• I got better things to do than waste my time trying to impregnate a failure of a vessel. Millions of other women out there.

• You could certainly try again, however, I would consult a doctor first. And as far as how long to wait. I would think it would be how long you've been wanting a baby. If you've wanted it for quite a while, I'd think you'd want to try right away

What Girls Said 3

• You should definitely try for another child. Don't deny yourself that. Miscarriages happen, unfortunately. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try again. Wait the allotted amount of time to make sure it's safe to try again for sure. The rest is up to you as to when you and your husband/boyfriend/partner think that both of you are ready.

• I think I would stop trying to conceive naturally adopt.

I don't think I would ever try IVF or other fertility treatments because most are very costly, and I could spend that money on living children instead of chasing a dream.

I understand the desire to want biological children, but for me, that's not an incredibly strong desire, and I would spend my money, time, effort, and love on a child currently in need of love, food, and protection.

• I'd be a bit discouraged, I'd probably take it as a sign that I wasn't meant to be a mother (I know it sounds stupid). But I would want a baby so maybe I'd wait like a year? I don't know.