How long should you be together before proposing?

• 3 months
  • 6 months
  • 1 year
  • 2 years
  • 3 years
  • 4 years
  • 5 years or more

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on what age the relationship began for both.

But in general, 6-8 years is best.

What Guys Said 5

• There are no rules

• I'm asking to you.. what you think. There are no rules for sure but just for you... like after a week do you think they should propose? A little early don't you think?

• I don't know there's been successes and failures no matter how long or short they wait

• My parents were married within 6 months of meeting each other. They're still together today but I chalk that up to incredible luck.

• I would shoot for 3 to 5 years

• 2... minutes... :o But seriously you can't really put a time on something like this... when you're both ready... then yeah.

• i just got engaged yesterday and we were only togther for 9 months but we spent every night togther in those 9 months and went on at least 3 dates a week and we really got to know each other enough in those nine months to feel confident enough to know we want to spend the rest of our lives togther

What Girls Said 5

• I don't think there's any set amount of time. However, I don't think you should propose until you've at least been together for a year.

• At least a few years.

• When your in love and realize you only want to be with them. I personally would say 6 months to 3 years. After that your just prolonging it. Like if you don't want to marry me why are we still together after all this time.

but it does depend on age like if you get together when your 16 don't expect marriage until at lea st 21, or 22.

• There's no set amount of time. When both of you feel like it's time to take the relationship to the next level and you've known each other well enough, that's the perfect time to propose

• My parents were only dating for 8 months, their marriage was kinda, opposed by my dad's family but amazingly they still did it. They still love each other now, even more 😊