Most Helpful Guy
I think the questions I'd ask myself before proposing and going through with marriage would be:
1. Do I love her and want to spend the rest of my life with her (obviously)
2. Does she love me and want to spend the rest of her life with me
3. Are our main long term goals compatible (if I want 3 kids and a house in the suburbs and she wants to live in Antarctica raising polar bears things might get tricky)
4. Are the two of us stable? Finances play a role here but I mean emotionally stable. If not, she could just change her mind in a year and divorce me. People these days don't take marriage seriously and I don't want to marry someone like that.
5. Are the two of us able to get pass problems with our relationship (if not, something is wrong)
That's all I can think of really. Points number 1 and 2 does involve a lot though. It would require attraction, sense of humor and kindness but those questions are the ones I'd ask myself when it comes from going to the next step.1