Is it possible to hide a marriage from your parents when you are on their insurance?

Ok so my boyfriend and I live in separate states due to him being in the military. And while he s over 25, a college graduate, and had lived on his own for years before he joined, he is still viewed as a child and needs to live in the barracks. I recently had to move back home myself due to some unfortunate circumstances and am still on my dad s health insurance plan since I m under 25. If we get married then he can move off base and I get my dog and cat back by living with him. I know that my parents won t be happy about my decision but I also know that it s the best decision for me and my boyfriend. Is there any way to hide this marriage from my parents until I can move out here to be with him?

Most Helpful Guy

• it would be the same.. but i would switch to ur husbands insurance.. mine 200 a month bc of my car and the Bike

• I would too because tricare is amazing but then my dad would be getting a letter from his insurance company notifying him of the switch.

• A little. Unless u have a good relationship with the agent.

• Thanks for the MHO !

What Guys Said 1

• Why not tell your parents and do it with their blessing
    Most parents are filled with joy when there child wants to get married

• I just got out of an engagement to another man that was a real prick so they want me to regain my youth or whatever. They don't even really like the fact that I'm already in a new relationship.

• Discussing things often is the easiest solution ➕ they are kind of → to be scared for you but if you sit down and talk I'm sure they will listen
      After all you are still there young princess who they bought candies for

What Girls Said 1

• I'm not exactly sure how that works... but just get into ur Hubby's insurance...

• I know that but then a letter would be sent to my dad from his insurance company stating that I'm no longer with them.

• Yea that's true... hmm...
      Maybe u could just tell them the truth?

• But then I don't get my things out of their houses