Is it wrong for the girl to ask the guy to marry her?

I was Wondering because I asked my husband and he said yes of course bit most of my friends and family thought it was weird

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 11

• No it is not wrong, my sister asked her man to marry her.

• It's the role as a male to pursue the woman. A woman can suggest 'Just marry me already!' But, it is still up to the man to ask her father for permission to marry her, known as the Father's blessing, buy her an engagement ring, and surprising her via one of those YouTube-esque proposals by getting down on one bended knee.

http://youtu.be/MT5-1PBCO5Y

• Not wrong just against the norm.
    I'd prefer it if I proposed but that's just me.

• well in my culture (im from slovenia) the man has to propose to the bride but I think its not such a big of a deal :D If a girl i would love asked me to marry her I would do soooo :D
    please answer my question: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1478569-bad-self-esteem-rate-me-guess-ethnicity

• I don't see a problem with it. I say go for it, hahahaha.

• unorthodox but fine if you knew you guy would be ok with it personally i would want to be the one to propose

• My ex wife asked me to marry her.

• doesn't sound ideal but it's acceptable

• Why not ideal

• because the stereotype is otherwise
      it's weird for a girl to propose but surely not wrong

• yes it is. It makes you look desperate to want to trap him.

• kinda desperate :p

• no i proposed to my girlfriend but it was a spur of the moment thing but i wouldn't of minded if she proposed to me at all

What Girls Said 5

• i don't think so...
    might feel a little awkard... but if that something you really want to do you should do it.
    men proposing to the women is just the way it usually goes... for sure there are lots of married women who did the proposing...

• It's not wrong, just uncommon. Whatever floats your goat.

• I proposed to my partner. I think the guy having to propose tradition is just an odd one to keep going, especially since men are so adamant about women paying their way. Engagement rings cost money...

• No it's not wrong but it's not my ideal situation

• No, it's not wrong, it's just unusual.