Why marry someone, that you don't like?

I have a friend, that is engaged. He sleeps with other people, often, and says that he and his "fiance" ( I put that in quotes because i can't take him seriously) doesn't know. He says she has given him a pass to have sex once with another person every three months. She doesn't have the same pass but she does it for him because she knows he's a man and has needs. That sounds crazy to me, he's unhappy and seems like he's with her because his mom likes her. please help me understand... I want to tell him to break up with her before he ends up giving her half in a divorce.

• Stay together and get married
  • Break up

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like a relationship between an asshole and an insecure and/or stupid girl. Leave them to get on with it, people stick like glue when you try to pull them apart for their own good.

What Guys Said 4

• tax benefits
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• That is not a healthy relationship by any means. Cultures where you get into arranged marriage and then learn to love that person and trust that person do not work on the premise of open sex at the side.

• I wouldn't say break-up as a 1st option.
    Let him (1st) and her to fix things up. If not then...

• that is a horrible realtionship i would never in a million years think about cheating on my fiancee

What Girls Said 4

• Honestly he shouldn't care about his mom liking her, if he doesn't he shouldn't waste his time, and no offense but is she stupid? you don't get in a relationship just to get used like that... A marriage is supposed to be full of love and faithfulness. They shouldn't get married, if they do sooner or later there is going to be a complaint from one of them and they will divorce sooner than later.

• that is totally wrong.. he is ruining 2 lives... and that is something u regret for the rest of your life..

• That's so dumb. He should not need to have sex once with another person at any time in an engagement... They should break up. She shouldn't be getting treated like this. Marriage is a friggen commitment...

• what? this is just strange.