Are your parents still married?

I'm just wondering because it seems as if almost everyone is divorced.

• my parents are divorced
    38% (28)16% (8)30% (36)Vote
  • My parents are still married
    48% (35)71% (35)57% (70)Vote
  • Other
    14% (10)13% (6)13% (16)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
My parents are still married.

1|0
36|27

Most Helpful Guy

• My parents are married since 1976.

0|0
    0|0
    • How many wars ago was that?

• Show All
    • Small scale conflicts are normal in my house as well. Mum and dad disagree on many points almost everyday. When my father is angry, my mum still cooks for him. In such as situation, he goes early to bed without any food. But when he is hungry in the night, he enters the kitchen clandestinely and fill his belly with whatever mum cooked. In the morning, mum would ask him in front of all of us - some one seems to have eaten the food? my dad is like :D :D and everybody in the family then bursts into laughter. It happens every month or two.

• Lol that's a lot of wars

What Guys Said 26

• 70% of couples who marry stay married. The 30% who don't, usually marry and divorce repeatedly throughout their lives. So the stats can get skewered pretty quickly.

What's of more concern are those who never marry, or have views on marriage keeping them from getting married that are warped to the point that they seem to be beyond hope. Also, those who try for years to get married, to no avail.

It's in these latter categories - especially if illegitimate children are spawned from it - that some of the worst tragedies occur. Children born into serial cohabitor families are 500% as likely to be abused or murdered.

0|1
    0|0
  • They are still married but GOD DAMN it came REALLY fucking close once. I must be like 12 back then.

0|1
    0|0
  • Believe it or not the divorce rate has been decreasing in recent years.
    My parents are still married. They had their 28 year anniversary this year I think..

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, they are still married. I might also add the they have been married for over 60 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents were married 53 years when my dad passed away.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah they're still together.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, since 1982.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah they've been married 19 years. I'm surprised they haven't though. There's a lot of arguments on a daily basis.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup, my parents have been happily married for about 25 years going strong.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope )))()))

0|0
    0|0
  • Still married
    but not together

0|0
    0|0
  • Thankfully they are still married

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah they've been married for over 30 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup. They've been married for almost 30 years now.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents are still married. 40 years but have known each other for 50 years

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. Still married for 24 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep, approaching 30 years pretty soon

0|0
    0|0
  • No they split like 13 years ago

0|0
    0|0
  • 32 years of long lasting powerful marriage.

0|0
    0|0
  • My mother is on number 3, and my dad number 7.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup married n together,

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes together 27 years and counting

0|0
    0|0
  • my parents have been married for more then 40 years, sadly my dad has died

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, they are.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents are still married. <3.

0|0
    0|0
  • my parents are still married have been for like 20 years and i hope me and my fiancee have as much luck in our future marriage as they do

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 36

• They're not together at all. They got separated/broke up 15 years ago and had the actual divorce ~8 years ago. I haven't seen my father at all since then and I have no idea why.

0|0
    0|0
  • They divorced. But not really because they had a "bad relationship", but it was because they felt as if it was a sibling love-- which I understand, because they were best friends for a really long time before they were married, and only dated for a couple months anyways. My mom remarried, but my parents are still really tight-knit.,, they still raised my family "as together as they could".

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep! Just celebrated their 30th anniversary.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes they are- going strong <3

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine are divorced.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents are still married, they'll be celebrating their 26th Anneversary this year, my fiancé's parents are still married 28 years. Both have the kind of "Best Friend" marriages I want for my fiancé and myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes my parents are married for 29 years!

0|0
    0|0
  • Sadly my parents got divorced 3 years ago. But I watched their relationship deteriorate since I was in 9th grade so I guess it was long overdue. It still hurt tho. They were together for 22 years. Married 17 of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents got divorced when I was 6. Haven't really seen my mom since I was 7. Love my dad though.

0|0
    1|0
  • They're still married but should have already been divorced long ago. Their arguments would get so bad and my mother would be on the losing side obviously until I started standing up for her. I hate their marriage.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, they are. Like 30 years I think.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parent still married happily after 41 years... Times we so different back then... my parents hardly say much to each other but you can see their unconditional love they have for each other in the simple things they do. Their early days were tough financially for them but through it all they stuck like glue to each other and they are so dependent on each other... its amazing to see how they dance together through life's obstacles... tis but a dream for me unfortunately

0|0
    0|0
  • No. They divorced when I was either 12 or 13. I didn't really suffer from it because they weren't good together. They argued a lot. I've always been closer to my mother. My father stayed gone a lot so it wasn't a huge change in living arrangements.

0|0
    0|0
  • Other. My parents never married

1|0
    0|0
    • Are they still together if they haven't married? It would kind of be like a marriage without signed papers

• In the state of Illinois common law marriage is still illegal and not recognized. They split up when my mom was pregnant with my sister and she is 22

• Yes. 50% of marriages end in divorce in the US so yes it is common for divorces to happen. Sometimes it's just for the best too...

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents are divorced and thank God.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh lordy lol why thank the hypothetical man in the sky?

• Show All
    • @Illusive_Man: In the sky, on the ground, filling the spaces between the particles that make up our visible world. With more evidence of identity being dug up from the Red Sea and other places every year. More than just a hypothetical. Though, it is a pity that CommieDearest has had experiences that would lead to such a strongly negative view of her dad. Seeing that my own hasn't always made clear-headed decisions, I worry what would happen if I ever had children. So perhaps it's a blessing in disguise that most of my attempts to find a woman are seemingly cosmically sabotaged early-on. Someone up there knows something about the equation of love that I can't (or don't want to) see.

• My parents are still very happily married :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Indeed they are, despite my dad cheating on my mom like two Christmases ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • Other, they passed away.
    But I'm sure they would still be married if they were alive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yupp, they still are.

0|0
    0|0
  • 30 years and counting...

0|0
    0|0
  • No, they divorced a long time ago. I'm happy that they're not together anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually, my parents never got married. They're still together though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Married, they're the kind of marriage I'd love to have one day.

0|0
    0|0
  • Divorced for two years.

My mom has a boyfriend now. But my dad never moved on..

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine are divorced. My dad re-married too.

0|0
    0|0
  • MY ACTUAL parents never married... never knew my dad... my step dad is cool tho hahaha

0|0
    0|0
  • Other. Never married.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents have been divorced for like 16 years...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes they are and it's the kind of marriage I want

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls