Do all girls dream about a nice wedding, is it a big deal for you?

My girlfriend of 5 years (both 24) has recently been talking to me about weddings and how she always wanted a big one has a little girl and all that stuff, it kinda caught me off gaurd but i plan to marry her in 2 years in all honesty, we need to gather the money first, but next year i will enagage her, she also been atalking about it in the past so i was wondering do you girls take weddings as a big thing and always think about it?

A wedding is a big thing for me but i mean not to the extent of what my girlfriend turns it out to be. Do all girls dream about a nice wedding, is it a big deal for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• well my fiancee has grown up in a very wealthy family and she was always around big weddings and said as a young girl she always wanted one but now that she is older she could care less about that. right now me and her dont plan on getting married for at least two years we are both young (im 24 she's 22) we are both not making a lot of money at the moment and right now we have decided to have a medium sized wedding not to big and not to small. she is going to look at dresses this weekend and we are speaking to wedding planner next week and dont want to spend a lot of money on it. we also dont want to have to many guests and have agreed to spend more money on the honeymoon than the actual wedding. we are also looking to buy our first house and i am looking for a better paying job and she is looking to start up her own beauty salon so right at the moment a big huge fancy wedding is the last thing on our mind

• seems understandable. Good luck with everything! all the best man!

What Girls Said 7

• Big weddings aren't a big deal for me. It's the marriage itself that's important. I had a super small wedding and loved it. I had thought about having a big one but decided smaller was better. Its more intimate and private with only a few really close people there. Nothing wrong at all with big, though. Just do what will make you both happy :)

• I never dreamt of a wedding when I was a little girl. Marriage was not something that ever crossed my mind as a child. Lots of my female friends talk of playing weddings when they were little. Dressing up like a bride and all that jazz... seems like a common thing for little girls but it was never something I did personally. I was too busy building dens and making mud pies :)

• some girls want a big wedding... some want a quiet and small one.. but whatever the choice is.. it is one of the most important days of her life.. soo if she dreams about a big wedding.. and u love her.. then u shd give her a big wedding..

• yeah she wants a big wedding, so do i, but i think she's starting to get wedding fever or if it's called that cause her best friend is getting married next month

• I never gave my wedding much thought, and I still don't. It will happen when it happens in whatever way we feel like while planning it. All I know is that I will make a best woman and she will be my sister ^_^

• No, lol.
    The only thing that appeals to me about a wedding is being able to wear a beautiful dress.
    Honestly.. I'd be fine without a wedding in general.
    The honeymoon seems more exciting to me.

• hmm interesting omg about that wedding dress... my girlfriend tells me about ti and i keep telling her this and she doesn't like it lol "it's just a dress you wear for one day, who cares". What is your reaction to that? (she also keeps talking to me about the dress)

• I don't think much about it besides the fact that I think you're right.
      I feel that way too.
      Honestly, I get kind of irritated and a bit pissed when I think about spending a bunch of money on something and only wearing it once.. And not even wearing it for the whole day at that!
      I was bitching about my high school graduation because the cap n gown were $60 and I thought it was a waste of money.
      But yet again.. If it's my wedding day I'd like the opportunity to wear a beautiful dress. If not then I'd rather not even have a wedding unless my fiance really really wanted it regardless.

• hmm yeha i see what you're getting at

• I don't want a wedding at all. A dinner with family will do. I get stage fright 👆.

• I didn't have a big wedding and I'm sure glad I didn't. We got married on the beach in Costa Rica at sunset, and had about 7 people attend. We then went home and had a wonderful feast. There will be a big bbq type party to celebrate it with drinks and cake, but no gifts. I have never wanted a big ordeal made out, of a wedding. I think we did it, perfectly for our, family.

• that is great to hear and i'm happy you're happy with it :) sounded good!

What Guys Said 4

• thankfully not every gal... also i don't understand why a big wedding matters... tons of moeny spent ;)

• Stereotype. Lots of women couldn't care less about marriage.

• Yeah, weddings are an enormously ingenious scam. The average wedding is priced at $25,000.

• it's crazy especially the big ones

• i no this girl who thinks that marriage is a trap for women and it takes their corporate power she is right tho i think

• 0_o well depends what her values are