My two best friends are getting married in under two weeks! I'm maid of honor.. How do I make a speech?

I've known these two since high school, I got to watch them get together and fall in love, and I even helped the groom plan the surprise proposal. I have no problem with public speaking, but I just have no idea what to talk about! What do they and the crowd want to hear?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just talk talk about your friends and how you helped him propose. Just be truthful and speak from your heart. Just wrote a few points on a paper and expand. Before long you will have too much to talk about.

What Guys Said 6

• start writing down all the best moments throughout your entire life with her and then start making points and turn it into a speech. just write it all on paper, start with that, then you will slowly get the ball rolling.

• Just what you said already, about watching them meet, fall in love, how you helped plan the proposal. No one wants to hear you praise them and how wonderful they are. They just want to hear the story.

• I went trough this before. I wrote it all out but when It came down to it I spoke from the heart and never brought my sheet with me, It was a very long speech and everyone was impressed and It was also video tapped

• at least u shouldn't b nervous :)

• just talk about watching them get together and fall in love, mention something funny and how important they are to you

• Talking usually helps

What Girls Said 2

• Talk about your relationship with them and what a lovely couple they are!

• start off with a quote from Plato... "According to Greek mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs and a head with two faces. Fearing their power, Zeus split them into two separate parts, condemning them to spend their lives in search of their other halves.” then talk about how these two finally found their equal counterpart, and so on and so forth... if that works for you.