Is it okay for the woman to propose?

I don't plan on doing it for a long time yet but was wondering if it's okay for a woman to propose to the man she loves or is it to weird? Or would it make him feel emasculated?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is OK. Trust me. We get tongue tied and really can't say it. We also aren't sure if the girl loves us too and whether we'd end up losing her if we asked. Go ahead, pop the question and let him know your feelings for him

What Guys Said 10

• nO.

YOU TELL HER "NO" AND YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY BECAUSE YOU WON'T HEAR THE END OF IT.

GUYS SHOULD ONLY PROPOSE BECAUSE US MEN KNOW HOW TO HANDEL REJECTION WELL. THAT'S WHY WE ARE COOL.

• yes... we don't leave in 19th century :p

• Equality! Get on ya knees it ya what but I'm not feeling that lol.. I rather be the one who proposes. I'LL be the one who goes to Jared

• Yes. Tis cool fair maiden

• No work away nothing wrong with that

• Yes a woman can propose.

• I sure don't think so. I would be flattered and appreciative, even if I declined.

• Is it okay for women to pursue you and ask you on a date, and pay for the date though?

• Well, I suppose it depends upon the person being asked. If you are asking me, yes and no. I am fine being pursued pretty aggressively and I am fine having a woman take the financial initiative on a given occasion or two. I would feel uncomfortable if she regularly paid for our dates because I think that is at least half my responsibility. I suppose I am also a little old fashioned on this point. How do YOU feel about this?

• Better to leave it to him.

• No it is perfectly okay, I mean I would feel emasculated but I'd make sure to make up for it. it's the only way to make it.

• It's the wave of the future, since men have no incentive to marry.

What Girls Said 5

• It's legal and you can think for yourself:) literally not saying that to be snotty. I mean it's your right to decided what you think is right:)

• Yes, it is okay for the woman to propose to the man. Because if she truly loves him and wants to marry him, it doesn't matter which side it comes from. People should learn to ignore society and just do what they want to.

• Eh... that is a no for me. A man choses a wife. Indicating that he is ready to make a life with a woman. I just think a woman proposing to a man is ridiculous. Sure they can initiate dating, but marriage? Big fat no.

• Yes precisely and likewise , When she proposes she is indicating she's ready to make slide with him... He's free to decline just as she would be if he proposed. You're twlong as if women have no life and or it's of no importance they are just waiting around for the guys life to turn their way.

• It's ok, only a close-minded person would say it is not

• I'm not sure on this one. You'd have to be 100% sure you are both on the right page. I think men would run really quick if they thing you are moving too fast.