Ireland just legalized gay marriage. What country is next do you think? Maybe the U. S?

Gays have a right to be as miserable as everyone else in marriage. ;D

But seriously, they should be allowed to marry across the board. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I hope some more states in the U. S. legalize it. It's so stupid that they just can't get married because of consecutive leaders. Just let them get married for goodness sakes.

What Guys Said 14

• Well in the US the Supreme Court stopped short of making gay marriage universal but they did strike down DOMA which is the first step. It's a domino effect so far when it comes to legalizing it and I expect it to continue on that path. The younger generation is far more accepting of it than the older generation and as soon as we kick the old farts out of office I expect it will even change in the most socially conservative areas. Libertarianism is a growing conservative movement that doesn't believe in the government passing laws about who people should marry even if they don't personally believe in gay marriage they believe in someone's right to it. I have a feeling in a relatively short time it will be something American politicians can't even stand up against if they want to get elected. The anti marriage equality camp is losing the culture war and I think it will be pretty hard to shift to the other direction at this point.

Hurrah to freedom and equality!

• that is good news! Unfortunately the US doesn't work that way, we can't just legalize it federally, it has to be state by state.

• I know. I wish the Supreme Court would have made it legal across the board.

• Understandable. But if they did THAT for other issues, I don't think interracial marriage would be allowed in some states.

So it depends for me.

• Well see, although it really wrong, I don't think my democracy works that way. If you want to live your life the way you want, be it gay or interracial marriage, than there are places for that. But if 3/4 of people in say Missouri, dont want to see that, we should not force it on them. I say 3/4 though, not a simple majority. But that is how it work for me in an ideal world

• Well it is in a lot of states already and more will soon too. So I don't care about who someone wants to marry but I do have a problem with states even bothering to have an election on gay marriage when the government will legalize it even after the people have voted against it like California, Idaho, and Arizona. I'm not against gay marriage but I'm heavily against the way it's being legalized.

• Ireland had to change its constitution because a couple was referred to as a man and a woman now it is regardless of sex.
    So now a gay couple has same rights as any couple to marriage, fostering, adoption and surrogacy.

• I don't think the former is a good idea--there are differences between genders that should be acknowledged and not simply grayed out. But good for them.

• @asker i think he meant the constitutional definition of a 'couple' was a man and a woman. but now it's changed.

• The only thing I care is that it should never be legalized in my country.

How other countries want to start decaying themselves is none of my business.

• You know, a woman on here praised you and I was going to tell her how wrong I thought she was because I had seen one of your illogical comments... but I didn't because that would have been too rash.

Now I know I should have said something. I'm betting that you wouldn't like to be restricted from what other people can do so you should stop being hypocritical. And people who are gay aren't unethical/immoral in any way. That doesn't even make sense.

• I never supported gay marriage in my country, I won't ever support gay marriage in my country, I always stated that there's only 1 country in the world I care about and I always stated that other countries (in my eyes) can either sink of swim.
      I also explained legit reasons why I'm against it numerous times. If folks that are brainwashed by liberals can't see them, it's not my problem (as long as it's not my country).

It's legal in Ireland? Fine, whatever, let 'em decay the way they want.

Also, could you please point an "illogical" answer I did before? Just plain curiosity :)

• Supreme Court ruling this summer should legalize same sex marriage in the United States. Wootwoot..
    I dont know why anyone wants to get married, but I certainly believe that everyone should have the option! 😎

• Or might find it not protected in the constitution.

• The liklhood of the Supreme Court ruling that a group of Americans be banned from equal rights under the law is almost non existent. Listening to the questions posed by the conservatives on the bench pretty much gave everyone the impression that they will be ruling in favor of same sex marriage.

That said, anything is possible...
      The approval rating for same sex marriage in the U. S. Is now at 58%... I trust they'll make the proper decision.

• After Ireland it will be Iceland

• Sadly they will be able to marry here soon as well, if they aren't already. A shame really where the world has gone.

• Why is that a bad thing? How does it affect you? It doesn't and it will help the economy somewhat.

• stfu homophobia should be illegal. You should get therapy.

• @lamborgini15 When you have a phobia you are afraid of something. I am not afraid of gays nor do I hate them, I just simply disagree with their choice of lifestyle. As long as they mind their own business I'm totally fine with them, but it's when they start coming and destroying marriage that I get pissed.

Also you should really take a long look at yourself, a 23 year old that swears at and disrespects a teenager for not having the same views as him has real problems.

• nah, it'll be several years yet before it happens here.

• Probably England.

• Many states already legalized gay marriage

• I hope it's Zimbabwe.

• State-by-state US is seeing the light

• america will probably literally be the last country to legalize it.

What Girls Said 6

• I hope the US is next! :D

• i do think the us will be next. supreme court is going to decide on the issue on gay marriage and i doubt they will deny it

• A lot of states already legalized gay marriage. Florida did. My manager just got married to his boyfriend.

• Isn't it already legalized in certain states in the USA

• Finland are in the process of legalizing it.

• I hope the USA is next