Should I be thinking about marriage even before I begin a relationship?

A particular girl I like I recently found out likes me back, a lot. Yay. But I'm not sure "she's the one" so to speak, and don't know if I want to get into a serious relationship with her if I can't see it ending well. So I am taking the right approach or going about it all wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course your going at this all wrong, your looking for a girl you want to marry, but what you should be looking for is a girl that you would like to date, who knows maybe you will find one girl who you date for a long time and then eventually get married. Chances of that happening are pretty slim, relationships aren't always going to work out, lots don't end well either I know that for a fact, but who cares, all you have to do is dust yourself off and get back out there and another girl will come along and another and eventually you might get married.

What Girls Said 1

• no no no no will scare away the girl if you talk too serious too fast...well most normal chicks but then you have the "ring chasers" that will do anything for a ring...example I started talking to this guy and within the first week he was talking about adding a cell phone onto his plan for me so that we could talk for free...or me moving in with him...or future kids and yadda yadda I was like whoa and ran the other way! Some females would of been all over that situation but they are mostly nut jobs! but you never know how a relationship will work out until you give it a try...just DO NOT come on too strong don't mention to her she is "the one"

What Guys Said 4

• Your right to assume she may not be "the one" (she's not jet li... err I mean-- you have no reason to assume she is the right girl for you)

On the contrary, you're over analyzing. What are you willing to do to become truly happy?

Best regards,

ArtistBBoy

• While you CERTAINLY shouldn't talk to her about marriage until you all are something serious, you should probably also avoid dating people that you are 100% sure that you would never marry, you know?

For instance, if I am a conservative guy who neither drinks, smokes, or curses, I would probably just avoid those ladies out there who love to party and drop those f-bombs every other word, even if some of those ladies are simply beautiful and smart and hilarious.

• It's perfectly natural to think about the future with a recent or new partner. Don't think bad about it. It's natural. Just take it slow and enjoy your time with her. Finding out whether your perfect for each other is all part of the plan each time you date. If your not, at least you tried. But you can't ever know if you don't take risks.

• No. No, no no no, no. Relationships are about trial and error. Don't ever expect one to become marriage before you are even in it.. You date people to see if they are worth your time, and progress from there. Take it one step at a time.