Why do men leave their wives and do they ever regret it?

When ever a man walks out on his family, the woman gets the blame. She wasn't sexy enough, she didn't do her wifely duties and other things of that nature. But I have seen/heard of many cases where the man just up and leaves a loving wife for seemingly no reason. Why do men do this? Why is it that a man is socially allowed to leave his family but if a wife feels the same way and leaves she is deemed the Devil?

And when these men leave, do they see the error of their ways of abandoning a loving wife and children or do they think they are saints? Marriage is hardwork on both parts but I get it but what does abandoning a family solve?

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably the same reasons women leaves their husbands. Lack of communication, betrayal, flame went out... etc.

Some regret it, some don't.

• in my opinion, besides betrayal and abuse, there is no other reason that cannot be worked through. Lack of communication is both people's fault and so is the flame going out.

• People change over time as well. Sometimes people just stay together cause they're used to it and are afraid of change.

What Guys Said 9

• Most walk out because they're not happy. Some walk out because they have a mistress and mistakenly think the grass will be greener with her

• Sometimes it is. Especially when their ex wife let herself go and looks like shit. Many people say looks don't matter. Oh really? Since when? In my view it's acceptable to leave someone who doesn't appeal to you
      physically or sexually. Yes Viginia, most men are that shallow. Deal with it !

• but if a woman wants a man that has a six pack and money you call her a gold digger.. hmmm...

• Some people don't plan their marriage, when they get hit with the responsibility at 200mph they run for cover especially when they were not ready or mature enough for marriage. I personally would not get married unless I am ready.

• doubt it... they don't give a shit... otherwise they'd not leave em.. right?

• ... In over 70% of divorces, it's the woman that wants out, and the blame usually goes on the man so I have no idea what this question even is

• and yet you felt compelled to answer with random statistics. Good on you..

• Family friend of mine growing up had to divorce her husband, he was a pharmacist and got addicted to a host of pills, painkillers, and other shit. Sad huh?

• yea that is very sad :(... and that's his job too to be around his addiction.

• They probably regret that things got to that point where their only option was to leave.

• it's not gender specfic, i've seen women dump their boyfriend just because they got bored or the attracting thing as faded and ever even think about it again

• It's extraordinarily rare for it to be one person's fault a relationship ended. I'm not going to speculate on what makes men who leave their marriages "awful" people.

• I'm not talking about divorce. I'm talking about going to get a cigarette and never coming back abandoning. Where the wife thinks everything and then becomes blind-sided. Does that not make for an awful person?

• For all I know, his wife was beating him and drinking herself stupid. He may have thought it was his best way to leave and establish a normal life.

Again, not going to speculate.

• I think when a man leaves he usually gets the blame. Does he ever come back I suppose he can if woman trusts him again?

What Girls Said 0