Can I ask to bring a plus one to a wedding if I already said I wasn't going to?

The Wedding is in late June and I already said in April/Early May that I wasn't going to bring a +1 to the wedding. This is becuase I feel uncomfertable bringing a 'just friend' as my +1. Well I recently been dating a guy and want to know is it ok to ask the bride & family who are the wedding planners, is it too late to change me from a single person to me plus 1?

I do understand if I can't end up bringining the date if the venue is already planned/counted for the event I just want to know is it ok to bring the question forward?

Updates:
Its hard to ask them because my family has been contracting for the wedding updates via Facebook or texting so there's no formality on asking permission.

0|0
3|3

Most Helpful Girl

• you can try.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• if they r ok with it... i guess u can

0|0
    0|0
    • ok thanks. I will. There pretty chill about asking questions so as long as there was a sudden cancelation from another person I might be able to bring him.

• Generally most time I feel like if its a plated dinner for the reception then it would be difficult to add another person and sometimes the bride/groom and families can't make exceptions for just one person since if they did and others wanted to add a plus one as well they could run into an issue very fast.

0|0
    0|0
  • So long as you inform and/or ask permission from the host.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh definitely. I'm in contact with both bride and mother of groom (wedding planner) so its not hard not to communicate.

• Just bear in mind they need to know well beforehand, before doing the table setups.

What Girls Said 2

• Just go alone. You don't want to inconvenience the bride when you don't have to.

0|0
    0|0
    • ok i did ask the bride via FB message (how we keep in contact) and mentioned that I understand if I can't bring him if it was going to be hard to squeeze him in.

• Your just gonna make a big scene

0|0
    0|0