Can I ask to bring a plus one to a wedding if I already said I wasn't going to?

The Wedding is in late June and I already said in April/Early May that I wasn't going to bring a +1 to the wedding. This is becuase I feel uncomfertable bringing a 'just friend' as my +1. Well I recently been dating a guy and want to know is it ok to ask the bride & family who are the wedding planners, is it too late to change me from a single person to me plus 1?

I do understand if I can't end up bringining the date if the venue is already planned/counted for the event I just want to know is it ok to bring the question forward?

Its hard to ask them because my family has been contracting for the wedding updates via Facebook or texting so there's no formality on asking permission.

Most Helpful Girl

• you can try.

What Guys Said 3

• if they r ok with it... i guess u can

• ok thanks. I will. There pretty chill about asking questions so as long as there was a sudden cancelation from another person I might be able to bring him.

• Generally most time I feel like if its a plated dinner for the reception then it would be difficult to add another person and sometimes the bride/groom and families can't make exceptions for just one person since if they did and others wanted to add a plus one as well they could run into an issue very fast.

• So long as you inform and/or ask permission from the host.

• Oh definitely. I'm in contact with both bride and mother of groom (wedding planner) so its not hard not to communicate.

• Just bear in mind they need to know well beforehand, before doing the table setups.

What Girls Said 2

• Just go alone. You don't want to inconvenience the bride when you don't have to.

• ok i did ask the bride via FB message (how we keep in contact) and mentioned that I understand if I can't bring him if it was going to be hard to squeeze him in.

• Your just gonna make a big scene