Is it wrong to want to marry a rich person?

I mean, not that I'd marry him only for his money.

Of course not.

But I just feel like it would be so much easier if the guy I happened to like was also rich.

Most Helpful Guy

• Rich or wealthy. In the old times people marry up. Love is not conditon for getting married and the bible acts as if you grow to love the person after you marry. Parents would arrange mariages in the past. There is nothing wrong with marring for wealth but there is a problem is you want riches.

What Guys Said 12

• Not wrong as long as you don't live just of his money, while you get everything you want and do nothing. Not saying this is you, but many girls do this, you know, the gold diggers.
    I just can't deal with parasites that claim they love someone when they just love their money.

• Date someone with a liberal arts degree.

• With the reasoning you give, yes it would be wrong.

You shouldn't want to live off other people. You should want to earn wealth. Living off other people will damage your self-esteem. It won't make you happy.

• No no no, I would earn myu own money too, but if he's rich by inheritance, is that really bad?

• If you're going to earn your own money, then in what way would your life be easier if your husband were rich?

• Nothing's wrong with wanting to marry a rich person.
    But however, if you're only after rich people and their money, and only expect them to support you without the need to do it on your own then you've earned the badge "gold digger" congratulations.

Actually there are some rich guys who are looking for someone to share their money with and grow old with together. So you're helping the shy but rich guys. This world needs more of your type.

• I wanted to marry someone rich when I was younger

• If your marrying him for the right reasons then no.

• It's not wrong as long as you're attractive yourself in some way.

• rich guys are smart enough to rent vs buying, ha.

• id totally wife up a rich girl lol.

• same. I wouldn't mind marrying a girl who had some $$$$

• I dont think it is wrong , well , unless he is married guy

• It is okay to want to, but saying that you ONLY want to would be wrong.

What Girls Said 7

• If you're happy being lazy and not earning your own way in life then yeah, have fun being a kept woman.

Doesn't sit right with me, I don't like to be beholden to anyone. I like to know that the things I have in my life are because I earned them. I worked hard for them, they weren't just given to me... but whatever floats your boat.

• i want the same and I don't think its wrong.
    some girls want the best-looking guy, so is it wrong to only want good-looking people?

If you have a choice betwen 2 equally nice people, would you marry the rich or the poor... sad but true

• It's not wrong unless ur marrying him only for the money, u need to love and care for him the money is just a big bonus

• No
    Filler

• It is what it is, but I don't really get the appeal. I mean, I do on some level, but the way I see it, if you want security and a higher quality lifestyle - create it for yourself. I'd never rely on a guy for that. Or anyone else for that matter. Because then you're dependent on them sticking around for you to continue to have it. Rather be the source than the drain.

• I wouldn't like it. So they can throw it in my face all the time and feel superior? Hell na.

Id rather make my own money and marry a guy on my level

• I wouldn't have a problem with someone who got rich not by their own hard work but through inheritance.

Like a family business or something.
      And I'd be making my own money too

• many people feel this, they don't say it