So I am having a baby with my wife but I am not excited at all why?

I feel stressed, don't want to do any of my hobbies anymore, have more no engery and can't sleep right. I am also not at all excited about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't sound ready to be a father honestly. But since you already got her pregnant, the right thing to do is try and be a good father. Yes a kid changes everything but that doesn't mean you can't learn to enjoy other new hobbies. Once your wife gives birth to your new baby boy or girl you will *hopefully* be overwhelmed with love and joy and want to do whatever it takes to make your child's life the best it can be. You are responsible for teaching this kid everything, including how to be a good person. You need to find a way to make this into a positive thing instead of moping around. You're just making your life and your wife's life worse by acting like this.

• She dose know how i feel should i tell her?

• Tell her you're not ready to be a father and that you need her help & encouragement to get through this. If you're married, shouldn't you be a team together, as husband and wife? You go through life together and help each other no matter what. You clearly are having issues like depression and anxiety about having a kid. Maybe seek professional help.

• Ok thank you

What Girls Said 6

• maybe you're just nervous and stressing out. after a little while that feeling will pass. you are not the only one who feels like that when they find out they're having a baby. its super life changing and especially if its not expected. just hang in there :)
    women feel like that too, sometimes. its normal.

• Maybe you don't feel ready to have a baby yet. You are only 20 years old - that is young for most people to have a child. You will learn to love the child as time goes on. the first couple of years are the hardest. Teach him good manners and he will be easier to raise as time goes on.

• Well I guess the obvious question is, do you want a baby?

• No but i am having one so its a little late for that.

• Well there you have your answer. You're feeling this way because you don't want this to be happening.

I hope it gets better for you. Your life is about to change big time, but at least in my opinion, it's a good change.

• Thank you

• Sadly you played with fire.. And now you've had your fingers burnt.. Regrettably you've no other choice but to deal with it.

• Because guys hate children

• Stress and anxiety. Maybe you're worried about the extra responsibility and not being able to cope. Guys normally have that worry coz they're the main breadwinners

• Wow if a man said the last part the feminazis would stone him to death

What Guys Said 7

• Simply too young to be married and now a father to be! I don't know why you young people are in such a hurry to grow up!

• So I'm ready for fatherhood, I have a job, I have the means and will to provide and take care of a wife and child...

And this fucker is given the greatest gift of all and is crying that now he can't enjoy all of his hobbies and feels his life is over?

*throws table* I'm done with my generation

• The stress is just kicking your brain around. I wish your new family the best dude.

• you probably feel like you aren't ready for it yet, be it financially or emotionally. talk to your someone about it, like a parent or very close friend, and that might help.

• Cause you have a living breathing responsibility now

• because you are a wise man.. at least you are a wise man now

• Im in the same boat as u expecting an unplanned bundle of joy and couldn't be happier. Have u ever suffered depression because it can eat away at you and turn what would have been the greatest moments in your life into the worst. You need to talk to someone before what your feeling swallows you whole and destroys your new family