Why is polygamy illegal but sleeping around isn't?

why is it OK for a man to sleep around with hundreds women and not to be prosecuted by the law.

But its isn't OK for a man to have two or three wives, love them, care for them land have kids with them.

Just asking...

0|0
4|4

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• Because polygamist wives tend to claim they are single and unable to work, thus draining the state of its tax dollars through welfare checks.

0|0
    0|0
    • Some, I believe polygamy would only be just if you could provide for everyone.

• Show All
    • Polygamist marriages only benefit the man involved as he's able to have sex with as many different women as he wants. The reverse relationship, polyandry, doesn't happen often because of males' fragile egos.

Polyamory is the practice of having multiple sexual partners or multiple relationship partners. I am not interested in polyamory, despite being asked to join couples frequently.

• Its not always about sex, some people like company or want to have lots of children. You shouldn't genrslise because not everyone is the same. Don't let the actions of a few ruin it for everybody.

• Because there are no legal implication to sleeping around, while marriage is a legally binding contract

0|0
    0|0
    • Can't it be shared between more than one person?

• Show All
    • No because there are countries where polygamy is legal and where it works just as well as 2.
      Inheritance issues occurs even with normal marriages. Or deaths say.

• ya there are like one or two in which it works, more or less well (can't think of one were it actually works very well), but overall, as I said, those places are wastelands. This is pretty much a map of the worlds troubled areas

upload.wikimedia.org/.../Legality_of_polygamy.png

Ya as I said, marriage is already complicated, adding a third person increases complexity exponentially. Inheritances though, unless otherwise specified is clearly defined by the law though. Adding a third person screws everything up. Almost every civil law in the book would have to be rewritten because it doesn't accommodate
      Come on, it's not hard to see why polygamy is a bad idea or every level!

• First of all, cheating is impossible to legally supervise. And it is considered morally wrong. Since cheating means you have devoted yourself to one person and behind their back, you fuck other people.

Polygamy I have nothing against, IF all people in marriage like tgat are okay with it, and NOT forced. ( lot's of forcing is happening all around the world, young women merried to old men with multiple wives). But religious people like to keep marriage traditional and have the control over it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I'm not teffering to forced marriages. But also players that just sleep around, and who aren't in a relationship.

What Guys Said 4

• It is ridiculous that almost everywhere, it is entirely legal to live with, have sex with, raise children with multiple adult partners but NOT be legally married to them even though that is what everyone wants.

Under a system of gender equality, there is no good reason to deny that we must keep evolving until an adult, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, monogamy or polyamory, race, or religion is free to share love, sex, residence, and marriage (and any of those without the others) with any and all consenting adults. Polyamory, polygamy, open relationships are not for everyone, but they are for some. The limited same-gender freedom to marry is a great and historic step, but is NOT full marriage equality, because equality "just for some" is not equality. Let's stand up for EVERY ADULT'S right to marry the person (s) they love. Get on the right side of history!

0|1
    0|0
  • poygamy's illegal? since when?

0|0
    0|0
    • OK well it depends what country or state you reside in.

• Because one is recreational and the other is supposed to be considered important I think.

0|0
    0|0
  • Laws are stupid

0|0
    0|0