If I marry a petite girl will my kid?

will my son be small and not strong as me since I`m 6ft, big boned and well built?
I want a son with a physical presence not a small man

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't mean this to be rude but, you could just marry whoever you fall in love with and accept your kids for however they turn out. There are so many other things to worry about than whether your son is tall. I have 4 kids and their height is the least of my concerns. I know you're just asking because that seems important to you now, but once you hold them for the first time, all you'll care about is whether they are healthy and that you can keep them safe.

What Girls Said 18

• If your child is male - he will have a similar body to yours and your genes are determined not just by the person you marry but also by their parents. My cousins child looks nothing like her father or mother but looks exactly like her father's mom. IDENTICAL really.

• 4|0
  • It really will depend, usually guys take after the male genes, but also if you have a girl you will want her to look like your S/O who is petite, and not masculine features, at the end of the day, there's a chance, but more likely to take after you

• Not necissarily... he could still take after you and turn out big... just make sure he eats his veggies

• Why do you care about your son's appearance? Genetics can be unpredictable so he could be 5'0" or even 6'5", you never know.

• Then maybe you shouldn't be getting married. If you are more worried about the size of your child instead of concentrating on bringing him up right you shouldn't be a husband or a father. Sorry but if you can't see the future you can only roll with the punches and if you aren't willing to love and nuture that child and be a good husband because you are doing it, then dont bother because they dont need someone in their life that is only going to put his 100% in if his child is less than what he was expecting. Thats how you create a shitty home life as well as a crap tastic way of living for you. No one will win.

• I will be a good father but I also want my son to be tall

• Height*

• The fact that you dont want a "small man" is a little strange way to word it if you are still going to be a good father. Maybe try rewording it, it comes off as "i want it this way or none at all" for the record.

• Lmao like you're guaranteed a son

• The truth is you never know. I've seen shorter people have taller kids and ie seen talk people have short kids (me).
    So it really depends but obviously if two taller people get married their more likely to have a tall kid

• Guys get their genetics from their father and then men in his mothers life...

• Genetics are never a guarantee.

• so less chance that he will be as me

• Not necessarily. It's difficult to predict what exactly will happen unless you have both had full geno and phenotyping tests performed, and even then there's a strong element of chance.

• there is a chance..

• well maybe depending on which genes he gets

• Depends on which side of the family's genes he gets. There is no guarantee it will be a boy though.

• No... my cousin is 6'4'' and his parents are both short... you can never say it for sure

• Uhm depends

• Height is about 60-80% determined by genetics, and the rest is up to environmental factors ei. their nutrition. As for genetics I think it depends on the more dominant alleles that will be expressed as the phenotype (physical genetic makeup)

• Lmao for some normal humans having a healthy kid is what's important. I hope you have 20 girls and not one boy

• Genetics go back 5 generations so there is no telling what your kid will be unless you create a child with specific genetic coding which is currently not legal.

What Guys Said 6

• so you'd love your son less? ok..

• It all depends on genetics bro :) obviously if you had a kid with a well built big woman you'd have a higher chance of having a kid that'll kick your ass haha (that's what your genetics are telling me) you'll have a baby hulk;)

• Guys don't inherit their body types from their mothers. As long as both you and the men in your wife's family are tall, your son will be tall too regardless of how small your wife is.

• i think its a split so height from the mother and height from the dad

• Not really. It's extremely rare for a guy to have his mom's height. If a guy's dad is tall but the mom is short, and the guy himself is short, his height would more than likely be from his maternal grandfather and not the mom herself.

• Correct. You will have an inferior child.

• There are no guarantees... I have a really tall friend who has very short parents so you never know. But you're far more likely to have tall kids if both you AND your wife are tall.

• U could marry a bigger women and still have a small son if u even have a son who says u won't have girls