Do you think that LGBTQ's should be able to get married?

I just want to hear people's opionions on whether on not they think everyone should have the right to get married to whoever they want, and why or why not? I'm intersted to see people's opinions.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea i do, I just don't think it should be in religious places. I don't disagree with gay marriage, and I respect it but I also respect religion. And regardless, it's a sin in basically all the religions. Now i wouldn't be getting drunk and having sex or whatever in a church or mosque or something, because it's not the place and it's an actual religious building so respect those "rules" and don't commit what the religion sees as a sin inside the actual building.
    Get married by all means, but same as people respect their views, they should respect a religions views.
    I mean we all sin when it comes to religion. We humans lie cheat steal commit adultery even murder and rape, but that doesn't stop them being that particular religion, same way being gay doesn't stop you being a religion. It's just that we shouldn't do it "before God" it's like saying here God watch me have pre marital sex right here on this thingy that the vicar stands on.

Apart from the whole gay religion weddings thing, I think they should get married. Who's business is it really. Even if you hate gays, them getting married isn't hurting you so ya know... go find a rapist or pedo to be mad at instead since they actually are harming people. I just think even if you don't agree with lgbt as long as they aren't having a wild gay party on your bed, you should just mind your own business. You can think it's wrong, but same way we don't have s right to decide if our friends drinking or sleeping around is ok, we can't decide if they're ok being gay or whatever.

I don't care what people do tbh, as long as they respect others views as much as they expect people to respect theirs.

What Guys Said 13

• Marriage is a religious institution. All religions that have ever existed consider LGBTQs to be wrong and against nature. So the question arises, "Why do you want to have a LGBTQ marriage, when your religion rejects your very nature.

If you are not religious, there's no particular reason to get married except to benefit from the financial gains of married couples. But such benefits apply to common-law couples who live together for more than 1 year. So the question posed above is a very valid one.

Some people would argue that there are gay behaviors in the animal kingdom - thus making gays and lesbians normal. While it is true that many animals exhibit gay behaviors, that does not mean it is normal. Nature produces deformed animals. Infants are born blind, malformed, mentally handicapped... etc. We do not consider any of these "normal", and neither should LGBTQ individuals. However, such people exhibit the range and breadth of humanity. Just as there are short and tall people, skinny and obese, intelligent and stupid, caring and self-centered, there will be straight and gay people. Is it normal? No. Is it natural? Yes.

Should gay people want to get married? I would not want to get married based on a religion that rejects my very existence.

• Basically, If you are against LGBTQ+ Marriage, Then, Simply put, You're an arrogant cunt. There is no other way to put that, I realise all you fucking people who live in Third World nations or have been indoctrinated by medieval religion are going to Neg Rep the fuck out of me for saying that, But its true.

I was raised in a very anti Gay family, To this day, They mock and dislike LGBT's. But, I was raised in a Different Generation to them, One where the world is connected via internet and stuff, And, In that world, Its a lot easier to be accepting of one another without the 'Iron Curtain' of Bigotry.

Simply put, I believe, Life sucks, And life is short, So, What right do we have, As individual Beings, To tell someone else, What they should and shouldn't do, Regardless of their Happiness? Exactly, We have no power.

Just do, Whatever the fuck makes you happy, And try and get as much joy out of our shitty, Useless existance on this earth as possible, If you are against people doing that, Then you are, Quite simply, A cunt.

~Have a nice day.

• Why do you think that their not equal to heterosexuals? They are humans too, they can't choose who they love.

• Im not against LGBT, Quite the Opposite, Like i said, Im all for whatever makes you happy.

• I think that everyone is entitled to do whatever makes them happy as long as no laws are being broken and their happiness isn’t coming at anyone else's expense. I think who chooses to marry who is no one else damn business but their own.

• Not at all. I think that the transient nature of most homosexual relationships, the lack of the "family" aspect and the fact that marriage has financial allowances that are designed around building a family make it something reserved for a man and a woman.

• Let the gays, lesbians, and whatever else do their thing
    Just dont support them doing it and dont promote it either

• Yeah I'm a very religious person, but if Jesus messasge is all about love and forgiveness, why would he hate LGBT? He doesn't people take the bible too literal. It makes me a bit uncomfortable but just because it does doesn't mean I'm going to impose my beliefs on them

• I don't see why not, but I don't think they have the right to force priest to do it if they believe it is wrong

• Sure why not

• What does the "Q" stand for?

• already can in my country. and it hasn't imploded or sunk in on itself or caught fire. or all the other things the fire and brimstone people say.

• I don't think so.

• Have you seen China, heterosexuals were practically forced to give up their children, do you want to all of those kids to spend their life in an orphanage away from anyone who loves them.

• If gays loved children they would keep them selves and their lifestyles far away from them.

• No, marriage is a man and a woman. It is a religious rite that they bastardized to get access to some legal rights as it was faster than getting Domestic Partnerships written into the laws. Gays are a destructive force.

• Imagine if you were gay, would you want to be able to get married.

• Domestic Partnership should suffice. They bastradized a religious rite for their own selfish gains so F them.

• Let them be as miserable as straight married people. If they want to do something that stupid let them do it... Marriage is now nothing more than a joke to destroy peoples lives.

• I have a feeling you've had a relationship go wrong...

• Nope and that's because I've been smart and not gone down that road.

And before you say it no my parents aren't divorced they've been together for decades so I'm not "damaged" about it I just see how it's super rare for marriage to actually work and I see no actual true benefit to it.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes they should. They are human. They are in love. They are consenting. Why not? Why can only a man and woman get married? It makes no sense, since obviously couples include more than just straight couples. Why not let all kinds of couples get married

• We are all human beings who fall in love with whoever makes us happy. Why the hell shouldn't we marry who we love? All the arguments I hear against same sex marriage are the same ones brought up when it came to interracial marriage.

• I agree with you. People quote the bible to defend themselves, but the same person who said that homosexuality is wrong also said we couldn't get haircuts. And a lot of people get their hair cut...

• Yes, they are people just like us. People get married, it is not our business to dictate to people what they should or should not do. People who try to stop 2 consenting adults of the same sex from getting married purely for religious or personal reasons are BIGOTS. Plain and simple. You don't like the idea? Great, don't do it. Don't impose your beliefs on others. Same like you shouldn't impose religion on others just because you think it's the "truth" or right way.

• Live and let live.

• Yes of course :) . Because marriage is about legality more than it is about religion, and everyone should have equal legal rights