Guys, Is it wrong for my husband to text his ex-girlfriend while intoxicated that he misses her?

My husband and I have been married just over a month and we have been together over 2 years, but dated on and off and were best friends for 5 years. Recently, he text his ex-girlfriend--while intoxicated--that he misses her and that he's now a married man. I didn't know that they were still in contact. I didn't realize this because he had her in his phone under a male name. I am not for divorce, but I am feeling very insecure and feel as though he crossed over his vow of fidelity; I'm also struggling to understand how to trust him again. How do I handle the situation? I did confront him about it and he said they hadn't talked in over a year and he's ignored her calls. He also expressed his sorrow for doing it and blamed it on his state of sobriety. How do we repair this?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him he must delete her and not contact her again.

0|0
    0|0
    • I did delete her from his contacts with him present. He has told me she didn't respond. Do I trust him and his sincerity?

• For the moment yes, but if you get another hint that he is contacting her than look into it. Hopefully he has learned his lesson.

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Ooooooh that's gotta suck, I wouldn't keep my ex's number on my phone if I wasn't keeping in touch with them especially for a year.
    I'm guessing no more drinking.

0|0
    0|0
  • Counceling

1|0
    0|0
  • Delete her contact info, and talk to both of them about how it can't continue

0|0
    0|0
  • Annulment?

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him to stop drinking?

0|0
    0|0
  • Its wrong that a grown woman needs to ask. Is self respect going out of fashion?

0|0
    0|0