Guys, Is it wrong for my husband to text his ex-girlfriend while intoxicated that he misses her?

My husband and I have been married just over a month and we have been together over 2 years, but dated on and off and were best friends for 5 years. Recently, he text his ex-girlfriend--while intoxicated--that he misses her and that he's now a married man. I didn't know that they were still in contact. I didn't realize this because he had her in his phone under a male name. I am not for divorce, but I am feeling very insecure and feel as though he crossed over his vow of fidelity; I'm also struggling to understand how to trust him again. How do I handle the situation? I did confront him about it and he said they hadn't talked in over a year and he's ignored her calls. He also expressed his sorrow for doing it and blamed it on his state of sobriety. How do we repair this?

7

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him he must delete her and not contact her again.

• I did delete her from his contacts with him present. He has told me she didn't respond. Do I trust him and his sincerity?

• For the moment yes, but if you get another hint that he is contacting her than look into it. Hopefully he has learned his lesson.

What Guys Said 6

• Ooooooh that's gotta suck, I wouldn't keep my ex's number on my phone if I wasn't keeping in touch with them especially for a year.
    I'm guessing no more drinking.

• Counceling

• Tell him to stop drinking?

• Annulment?

• Its wrong that a grown woman needs to ask. Is self respect going out of fashion?

• Delete her contact info, and talk to both of them about how it can't continue