What do do with engagement ring?

Split up 8 months ago...What should I do with the ring?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sell it for cash, take out the diamond(s) and have it made into another piece of jewelry

What Guys Said 4

• Give it back. I know it seems like you're doing it for him, but trust me you will feel better that it is gone. keeping it, wearing it, storing it, melting it down into something else... these are options, but none are as liberating as just putting it back in his hand and walking away. You just can't get understand that sense of closure until you do.

• If you ended it you should give it back or if its a family heirloom you should give it back. If he cheated or just up and ended it than you can keep it and sell it or wear it.

• give it back, or pwn it

• pawn it

What Girls Said 5

• Depends on the circumstances..did he break it off or did you?

I kept my engagement ring. I can't bear to pawn it. It stands as a reminder never to be horrible to another man if they didn't deserve it which my poor ex didn't. Its such a bittersweet reminder but it'd break my heart if I got rid of it.

• He cheated I left

• Then melt it down, go out and buy some gorgeous new clothes with the cash and know that the bastard paid for it all! xx

• well if he doesn't want it back and you don't want no memory of him so you don't want the ring, then I think you should pawn it and get money from it.

• Sell it. No use in keeping it around. I don't believe in giving it back...it was a present even if you aren't getting married.

• Well, legally that's not true... an engagement ring is a contractual object and it is only yours after the contract is fulfilled.

That being said... if he cheated, and won't sue... sell it and go on vacation... maybe you'll find another man in paradise haha.

• Sell it

• i say pawn it off at least get some money off it if you don't need him anymore