When married, should the husband/wife split household bills?

• should Man pay all and wife pay nothing?
  • Should Husban pay Half and Wife pay Half?
  • Should Husban pay more, then wife pay whenever she want?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think whoever makes more should pay a bigger share of the bills. Like if the husband makes $100k and the wife makes $50k, the ratio should be 2:1.

What Guys Said 7

• I think that there should be three bank accounts that would include two personal accounts and one joint account. Each person gets the same amount of money deposited into their personal account and they should be able to spend that anyway they want.

The majority of the money should be put into the joint account where both people need to talk over and decide how to spend that money. The joint account would be the one used to pay all bills or anything else that comes up that the couple decide they need to spend money on.

• Strongly, strongly, support this.

This is how my finances are structured with my wife.

I do not understand the female downvote. I wish she would make her objection explicit rather than downvote and run.

• @gray_sailor There are a lot of men and women that would prefer to have things to their advantage, and give as little as possible to their partner. A lot of people think it is unfair if they don't have an advantage of some sort over another person. I assume this wouldn't work out to her advantage so she rejects the idea.

• I think it is the man's job, the man is the provider so I think that would fall into his duties.

• All our accounts are common.

• Share the bills, responsibilities and duties equally.

• It needs to be ballanced
    Why are two options in the woman's advantage?

• There is no wife must pay everything?

Okay than I will go with 50/50.

• Man pay all! That's how me live life!

What Girls Said 7

• It's best to split the bills up. Like the wife pay for certain bills and the husband pay or the others. Just makes the burden of it all much easier.

• It should be in proportion to their salaries.

For people in my family, they pay household bills from the joint account but they put the same proportion of the salary into the account. So even if one spouse makes more, if they're both putting say, 25% of their salary into the joint account, they each pay fair share towards the bill.

• It depends. My dad payed all the bill bills (except for my moms car bills) but my mom handled all the things like food, clothes, etc. so they had it split that way.
    I think it depends on what works best for you and your current financial situation

• Depends. I rather stay home and keep house or raise kids and my husband pay for everything But most people don't like that.

• Husban pay Half and Wife pay Half

• I would do it like that. 50/50 I mean. However I know if my boyfriend and I lived together he wouldn't allow me to pay and gets very offended if I offer him money. He was raised where you have to take care of your woman. Where I was raised with a single mother who worked her ass off to be independant and instilled that in us.

• it actually depends on the couples. how they choose to pay them