Does sex = relationship potential = marriage potential to girls?

I had a married woman tell me (when she was single) that she wouldn't sleep with a guy unless she could see a relationship come from it and that a lot of girls are like that.

And I think that some girls wouldn't get in a relationship unless she thought she could maybe marry that guy someday.

So. Does sex with a guy mean she might (unconsciously in the back of her mind) consider the guy might have marriage potential?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. I mean, I wouldn't have sex with a guy I'm not serious about, but at the same time, serious for me doesn't mean getting married eventually. I would say in general we want meaningful relationships, whether it ends in marriage or not. But that could also depend on age I guess, since being 19, I'm really not thinking of marriage at the moment, but someone in their late 20s for example could be looking for a potential marriage partner.