Say you and your significant other paid for everything yourselves. How much are you willing to spend on a wedding? How much on the honeymoon?

I wouldn't go over $20,000 on a wedding. I wouldn't go over $10,000 on a honeymoon. $20k and $10k equal $30k and thats at the top of my budget. I do at least plan to spend $20k total (maybe $15k on the wedding and $5k on the honeymoon).

Is it bad to ask the guests for money rather than gifts (you know to help with the expenses)? Like we'd only request $1, $5, $10, or $20... Is that bad? The money is more useful than bath towels and blenders.

• Wedding/Honeymoon Total: $10k
  • Wedding/Honeymoon Total: $20k
  • Wedding/Honeymoon Total: $30k
  • Wedding/Honeymoon Total: $40k
  • Wedding/Honeymoon Total: $50k+
  • Less than $10k something cheap like the Courthouse or a Chapel

Most Helpful Girl

• Wedding, not much. less than 5K for sure

the honeymoon I'd go all out, whatever we have really, I want go somewhere interesting and do something interesting

What Girls Said 7

• I imagine my exceedingly hypothetical wedding to cost less than $200 including marriage license and dress. I don't see the point in spending a lot of money when you can better allocate money to things like a house or car payment, a honeymoon, or household costs.

• I would definitely get a wedding planner and I would probably be willing to pay whatever bill they predict since a wedding (should) only happen once in a lifetime so it should be perfect! - Money shouldn't pay a main role in this in my opinion at all and honestly I think for 10k you can probably cover the cost for the wedding dress and the cake if you're lucky, but in my culture it's usually the bride's parents who pay for the wedding so it's all gonna be up to my parents really lol but I don't think they're too stingy about that

• Well I want for us to pay a portion and both sets of parents also pay a portion

• A wedding only the wedding here cost at least $50,000 plus the reception and traditional things we have to do at least $100,000. And thats like a typical normal not so special wedding.

• This is going to be so embarrassing in admitting, that I know our wedding/honeymoon cost in excess of £100k.. And that it was jointly paid for by both our parents.

• Gah Lee! Where did y'all go and what did y'all do for that price!!!

• I think it's insane to spend that kind of money on one day lol. I don't want to spend anything on a wedding, I would be fine going to Vegas or just somewhere awesome and then spending a couple of thousand on the honeymoon.

• Well if I go to Vegas, I'd marry at a fancy hotel, purchase a suite for the reception, and invite 40 fam members. Thats still $15-20k especially when spending my honeymoon there as well

• See I want at least both sets of parents, grandparents, and siblings. But my mom and grandma want us to invite friends, aunts, uncles, and cousins who we aren't fond of. How can I reject their decision if they may possinly have to help with the expenses?

• It's your day, you should do what you want to do lol and if you don't invite them then wouldn't it be cheaper as well since you don't have to feed them?

• less thank 10k i have student loans i dont have money for a wedding... im going to be cheap

• I dont have the money yet either, but we've totaled what all we want and we're looking at $15k though $8k is quite possible if the guest list can be shortened

• How far under $10k are you talking?

• I honestly don't know... i'd get all the important things first a venue, cater, cake, and DJ after that i'd try to make it as cheap as possible without looking too cheesy or cheap you know.

• I voted F, when I got married. My wife and I didn't spent much; it was a small ceremony with no more than 30 persons.

What Guys Said 4

• We had a courthouse wedding but an extra nice honeymoon.

• I wish I had ever owned $10000 but even $2000 is an achievement in this atrocious country, voted F).

• Spending money on a wedding is a huge waste. It certainly doesn't make people any more "married," and, has only proven to be a precursor to eventual divorce.

• Im not spending it just to spend it. If we marry at a $5k venue that doesn't allow outside catering, then I'm already looking at about $3k+ to feed $300 people

• Just imagine what you could do with that $5,000, (or much more)? Invest it, downpayment on a piece of property, a vehicle. Otherwise, it's gone in one day. With nothing to show for it. My folks were married at the Justice Peace with two witnesses. And were happily married for 38 years until he passed. They bought the house in which I grew up for $11,000. They could have blown that on a wedding. And some people even go into debt to pay for their wedding. If you are well-off, I can understand. But, that's just colossally foolish, in my opinion.

• Im not well off. Just dreaming big. I was thinking... Maybe get my house built and then just have a backyard wedding. But I wonder how much money I'd be looking to spend?

• I don't waste no money on my tax cut program. That's the point!