Do you believe in sex after marriage and why?

If you don't believe in it, how long would you wait before having sex with your girlfriend?

Most Helpful Girl

• all the married couples that chose to wait that i know of have a great relationship. i think waiting helped them to focus on the bigger picture and helped them work as a team to build something great. sex was the icing on the cake for them.

What Guys Said 12

• Of course I believe in sex after marriage! But yeah, I believe in sex before marriage as well. lol.

How long would I wait? Until I felt close to her, comfortable enough with her to share that with her, and as long as I was ready that that. But also, she'd have to be ready for ti as well b/c... well, I'm not a rapist. lol. But also I wouldn't wanna pressure her into anything.

• You'll always get more sex before marriage, than you ever do after marriage.
      In 50% of cases, sex stops at about the 4 year mark after the wedding. In 20% of cases, it doesn't stop. It the wives who turn it off and put a stop to it, and that's caused by instinctive process that they have no control over.

• I don't buy that... cite your sources.

• Its true. Where did you get that from?👀

• I certainly do

1. less drama
    2. If you break up it not going to be as painful as somebody you had sex with.
    3. 100% std free
    4. I like rebelling against society
    5.22% higher relationship stability 20% higher relationship satisfaction 15% better sex (“higher sexual quality of the relationship”) 12% better communication.

• Wow!
      Thank you
      And I didn't know sex made a break up more painful for you guys?

• No. I believe in sex well before marriage, to ensure you are sexually compatible as well as compatible in every other way. Marriage is meant to be an affirmation of an already strong relationship, not an incremental step.

• I don't believe in sex after marriage. I think that in order to have a successful marriage, you must be 100% compatible. If you wait til after marriage, you risk sexual incompatibility. That's something you need to make certain of before jumping into marriage.

I would wait about six months before having sex if i had to. The thing is, i won't have sex with someone until i love them. So it all depends on when i decide that i love them. Usually, if i haven't decided i love them after being together for 6 months, then its time to break up. That's why i said 6 months.

• I have been married three times. I remember reading about sex after marriage but I don't recall if that was fiction or non-fiction.

• So at the end, you beleive in after or before?

• I originally read your post as a humorous but unintended error.

I believe that a couple should enjoy a physical relationship when they have each committed to a monogamous and exclusive relationship with the other for the purpose of determining whether they should make their relationship permanent.

• Of course I don't believe in it, technically I don't believe in "marriage" beyond that it's a symbolic thing that you can get if you really want if you want to spend a bunch of cash on celebrations and rings.

• I'm still a virgin and I'd be perfectly happy to wait until marriage, but I'm not strict about it. My personal belief is no-sex-before-love.

• Sex AFTER marriage? You do know that the lack of sex is grounds for divorce in every state in the US, right?

• lol its crazy how that is. when i split with my ex, that was the only thing that kept us civil. it was mainly communication that didn't work for us.

• yes. it is the glue that keeps you together in a lot of cases

• From what I hear, no, there isn't sex after marriage. It's a myth 😄

• I don't believe in it. I wouldn't wait more than a month with a girlfriend.

• Why dont you believe in it?

• It's no different than using a guy for emotional support and marriage really.
      And honestly, if you're enjoying the sexual pleasure too then you're not being 'used.' I'm clear of my intentions so any woman would know that in the first several minutes of meeting me. Sex is important to me because it's a powerful way to bond with someone. So maybe you shouldn't be so god damn judgmental for those who really only want sex without commitment.

Just like how us guys aren't entitled to having sex, neither are you entitled to having guys commit to you.

• Some men cannot fall in love, just like you! Real man who really loves his girlfriend would wait!

• certainly believe in sex after marriage, did you mean before?

• Why do you believe in after?

• do you mean a couple should not have sex after marriage?

• It should have sex only after marriage..

• I believe in sex after marriage. People have a lot of sex after marriage.

What Girls Said 9

• I believe in both sex before and after marriage. My husband and I had sex before marriage. He flat out told me he was going to marry me and asked me for my ring size. I waited a few months to see if he was going to change his mind and he never did. We have now been happily married for almost a year. I waited till I met the right guy to give my virginity to though. He was very happy he was my one and only. My advice is to wait because your first time is very special and you will regret it if you have multiple partners. My husband had sex partners before me and he kind of regrets it. He said he wishes he waited like I did. For me the guys treated me like crap. They felt like I was some prize to be won. They couldn't even remember my favorite candy.

• I see. Thank you. That's sweet that he regrets have others before you... But what did he feel that made him regret it?

• Just that he gave up something special to soon. Giving your virginity to someone means that you trust them so much and love them so much. If it's the woman, you trust the guy to be respectful of your body and trust them to be as gentle as possible with it for your first time. If your the guy you are respecting the woman's body. When he was with those girls if they were a virgin, he did the right thing and they cheated on him, threw beer bottles at him and generally treated him like he was worthless to them. They didn't see him like a lover, friend, confidant, and someone who would do special things for you just because he loves you.

• I understand. Thanks a lot!

• No. I believe in sex when you're ready. I highly doubt that God or whoever is going to judge you just because you gave yourself to a person that you loved AND were committed to, but you simply didn't have a ring.

I believe that He looks at the hearts of people and judges them based off of that---not the fact that you spread your legs the night before your wedding.

• I don't believe in sex after marriage. I personally don't see the point. I could never be with a guy who didn't want to have sex before marriage.

• I believe in it. I think it makes things a lot more special knowing that the two of you waited for each other.

• I believe in sex before marriage just not kids before marriage

• yes i do because i believe that the virginity is a great gift a woman can give her one and only however i have no problem with others having a different opinion people are different and i respect that so if my future daughter wants to have sex before marriage i dont mind

• Well I'm not into women so I can't answer that question lol. I myself am not waiting for marriage I've never felt the need to. Although everyone says I've waited this long so I might aswell. I can't imagine waiting this long and not being sexually attracted to my husband when I see him naked. If I happen to meet a guy that wanted to wait (very unlikely) then I'd be okay with that (not talking marriage here).

So far this guy has waited about 9 months and we haven't had sex, so there is hope.

• Sex AFTER marriage? How sinful.

• I don't. I wouldn't be with a guy that wanted to wait till marriage.