POLL - Should we globally ban divorce?

Divorce has only become popular in the past 50 years. Before that only some countries allowed it and even in them it was difficult to get one. It was almost unheard of in the 1920s and for thousands of years or an eternity before that.

Girls are supposed to be in the custody of their father when they are children, women must be under the custody of their husband when married and under the custody of her son as widows. In no circumstances is she allowed to assert herself independently. Men may be lacking virtue, be sexual perverts, immoral and devoid of any good qualities, and yet women must constantly worship and serve their husbands. A man should not have his meals in the company of his wife and even avoid looking at her.

A woman's place is in submission. And we should all keep our women in line. Because women are the root of all evil.

If every father gave away his daughter to a man like he SHOULD then we would save the world! Each of us would have our own sex object waiting at home and we can get it WHENEVER WE WANT. We should also stop sending girls to school and close all jobs to women, take away their ownership and voting rights.

Her only duty is to obey and please her husband and she will for that reason alone be exalted in heaven.

• Yes
  • No
Divorce is still banned in the VATICAN. Are we not allowed to be religious? Is there NO FREEDOM OF RELIGION here?

Most Helpful Guy

• "Girls are supposed to be in the custody of their father when they are children, women must be under the custody of their husband when married and under the custody of her son as widows. In no circumstances is she allowed to assert herself independently. Men may be lacking virtue, be sexual perverts, immoral and devoid of any good qualities, and yet women must constantly worship and serve their husbands. A man should not have his meals in the company of his wife and even avoid looking at her."

where do you live? this is not the situation where i'm from.

• Islamic State of Iraq and Syria?

• You talk like a woman. Stop keeping their company or you will become even more mentally ill. Men have always kept women separate and subjugated.

• "Asker" is ill. I am beyond disgusted with the viewpoint. I know he will not take me seriously as I am intended to be no more than a couch or a lamp in the life of a man.

What Girls Said 20

• You again. *smh* Yeah, the woman-hating-Anonymous (18-24)-POLL-maker. No, divorce should not be banned. Your added (senseless) women-hating comments are the reason that women should have options to end marriages where their rights are taken away from their husbands if they didn't see it coming before their marriage.

• I actually do love your sex. That's why I want you to be put back in the kitchen once again. Even women were happier back in the good old days, how can you deny it? Freedom and independence is not for you..

I am saying this for the good of everyone. Can you not open your eyes to this fact?

• 11|1
  • How about we ban you >:)

• I think we should globally ban you

• Oh gosh it's this dick tickler again.
    sophieologie.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/mra.jpg

• So... I see you are a religious freak, and I have to tell you as an atheist that went to religion classes (and listened sometimes) that our teacher said that God made men and women equal, so we aren't some sex objects as you see us. 😑 I saw your first question in morning and when I wanted to answer you, it got removed... First of all, thay "wonderful" bible was wrote by some stupid men decades ago, why do you think it says all good? Second, even in that era men noticed that women are more intelligent (on average) than them, so putting women as their slaves withouth acces to knowledge made them be those who ruled this planet. If you think we are just some sexual slaves who have no rights and values, I would suggest you to kill yourself and help this world escape from an idiot. ☺

• yawn.. lazy trolling effort.

• No. Let people do what they want as it's defined by the country.

• No, divorce is necessary sometimes.

• Yes I agree, better to let a woman go than beat her to death. Men should be allowed divorce, and widows should be shunned and excluded

• So you want to force people to stay together even if they are 100% miserable, don't love each other anymore, stay in an abusive marriage, ect?

• I sincerely hope your religious vitriol is actually trolling because otherwise that is extremely concerning.

• No if someone is not happy with their partner, why force them to stay unhappy?

• No, that would only lead to even more miserable couples and miserable children.

• Just wasted 5 mins of my life I will never get back

• I doubt there is anyone in this world stupid enough to marry someone like you anyways, so don't worry about it. It doesn't concern you.

• Hell nothsts just stupid

• I would rather date women if all men were like this. Bleh. I pray for the most rebelious daughters if you must procreate.

• which part of the planet are you from?

• Who is this WE?

• Men should unite once again and put an end to feminism/gender equality BS that is plaguing current society.

• Oh look, I thought the asker was the stupid one here, but he's not alone. Is this a congregation of stupid people.
      God, ignorance is amazing xD

• And such a demonstration of the male intellect. Sir, your intelligence is exceeded only by your wit.

• LOL Thank you. I needed a good laugh.

What Guys Said 26

• I'd rather ban religion.

• No. Why ban something that allows you to rectify after making a mistake? Why should we live with someone that no longer makes us happy?
    People need to stop getting married so early, think things through, and then we'll see divorce rates decrease, but we shouldn't ban divorce.

• Maybe men should still be allowed to divorce, but women should definitely NOT be given a choice. All marriages are unhappy when gender equality exists. 85% of currently married couples have admitted to this.

• "Women are only there for sexual pleasure." Well, you're clearly stupid, so why should I even bother with you.

• Ok buddy ;)

• Divorce is a human right - Some marriages just don't work

• Oh fuck off you religious nut job xD.

Let people do whatever the fuck they want, Its nothing to do with you.

• Ok, I'm Catholic, and my fiancĂ©e is traditional Catholic, and I think you're way overboard.

A husband and wife exist to serve and support each other because they love each other. What you're describing is practically slavery.

• No, the wife exists to assist the husband. She MUST submit herself and the husband should do whatever it takes to make her cave. That's how its supposed to be, that's how it's always been. All men beat their wives and one day you will too.

• The guy just hates women, and periodically puts up these polls to try and get his point across that actually has no substance and no facts to be backed up with (i. e. links, books, footnotes, etc.). He can't stand femi-nazis, then blankets women in general because of it, but counter-destructs with abusive comments to and about women as if that fixes anything or makes his point valid. He's a predictable little Anonymous (18-24) here on GaG. I know his writing style now, and love to see him get roasted by both men and women when he posts his polls. LOL

• Dear everyone getting butt hurt about this question... please refer to the following term and its definition

TROLL:
    present participle: trolling
    1) make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

• Devoicing is bad, but banning it is also. It's just another freedom to be taken away.

As for the rest or that crap you said, I don't know where you got it from, but that's not marriage.

• If you're going to troll, at least make it subtle.

• I must say, this was quite an good troll post. Nice job!

• No. Sticking to a partner you've grown apart from and feel nothing for is just like lying to yourself.

• There is no partner. Women are our property and slaves. Men are the superiors of women and must strive to control them

• "Women must be under the custody of their husband when married and under the custody of her son as widows. In no circumstances is she allowed to assert herself independently. […] A woman's place is in submission. And we should all keep our women in line. Because women are the root of all evil. […] Each of us would have our own sex object waiting at home and we can get it WHENEVER WE WANT. We should also stop sending girls to school and close all jobs to women, take away their ownership and voting rights. Her only duty is to obey and please her husband"

What the actual fuck?

• I'd rather ban marriage.

• And have women running free in the man's world?

• Murder rates would soar

• No, and to be honest I didn't read past the title. Not because I'm a dick but because times are changing and many people stayed married in the past but were unhappy.

• You're right, it was much better when people murdered their spouses so that they could see other people.

• 1|0
  • I didn't read this because it's too long for my taste, but I'll say this: divorce must be an option or the marriage will feel needless if they've lost interest, or cheating happened.

• No.. we need a way out if the marriage is not working at all

• What century is it again?

• You are not truly free if you are taking away someone else's freedom.
    You are a prisoner of hatred my friend and locked behind the bars of narrow-mindedness.

• Go back to 2008, where trolling was still funny.

• How about banning marriage?

• Trolling at its highest point. Lol

• Ban the hook up n break up culture instead.

• Dafuq I just read? :/