Fiance and I have been engaged for 4 years?

I love her but we now are in a long distance relationship and it has been hard because every time I ask when we're finally going to get married she says "lets get married now" or jokes it off somehow or asks me the same question. It's like it goes nowhere even when I try to be serious. I know she loves me and would be heartbroken if we broke up, so it's not like the relationship is bad but I'm sick of waiting. It's a struggle and I've recently started having feelings I have to fight for other girls when we're not with each other because of the long periods of time we go without seeing each other. I need advice.

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell her that you are being true blue but facing temptation and beginning to wonder what you are waiting for. Tell her that you may soon begin to doubt her sincerity about the engagement.

I had a friend in law school who was engaged for 1 year before law school and for the 3 years of law school, then returned home and finally married his fiancée. Within a few months, she congested that she was a lesbian and the marriage was annulled. He wasted 4 years of his life on someone who really didn't want him.

Also, if you have a chance, find a copy of the 1955 film version of "Guys and Dolls," and watch it with her. One of the main characters, Nathan Detroit, has been engaged to Miss Adelaide for 14 years and she is suffering from a psychosomatic ailment as a result. The engagement is treated as a farce.

What Girls Said 6

• Break up with her. If she wanted to marry you, she wouldn't be postponing it. She probably wants you to send her money while she ignores you and pretends to be single. BREAK UP WITH HER. She may even be cheating on you, in the same way that you are thinking of cheating on her.

• Well, I don't consider people engaged until they set a wedding date.

If she keeps dancing around this issue, it's time you really talk with her and be firm on setting a date and address any concerns.. If you cannot come up with one together, if she keeps skirting around it, your relationship will not work out. Time to move on at that point.

• Time for a serious talk. Set a date or break up.

• She must have a reason for saying that. Money issues perhaps?

• That's a hard question to answer you really need to talk to her and seriously and fast. But one thing I will tell you don't cheat on her. If its not going to work out then just tell her before you fall for someone else.

• just break up.

What Guys Said 2

• You have a decision to make my friend. It is not an easy decision but you know you must make it. That is why you have asked the question. Choice A, move to where she is. Choice B, break it off and hope she comes back when it is no longer long distance. Then there is the incredibly daring yet romantic choice, choice S, drive to where she is and not tell her. When you ask again on the phone for her to marry you and she says how boit now, you can honestly say OK and get it done. Jist a thought

• Waiting for such a long time is not good, if i had to bet, i would say she has feeling for someone else.