Girls, do you care if your engagement ring was too expensive or cheap?

I'm thinking of buying one to my girl but I'm afraid that she might hate it if it was cheap, or think that I'm crazy if I buy an expensive ring.
your thoughts please

10

Most Helpful Girl

• Well... Somewhere in the middle is good. If he spends $500 on it at the pawn shop or something obviously I'll be a little pissed but if he found a cheap ring from the jewelry store that was like $1000 I wouldn't be mad. In my opinion that's pretty cheap for a ring but I wouldn't mind. But if he spent $50,000 of course I would be happy (that is if he has the money to spare) if not, I would be upset that he spent so much of his hard earned money on it.

What Girls Said 9

• why should the girl care if its cheap or expensive? she should love you.. not the value of the ring you're gonna give her

• I mean, obviously I'd prefer he spent a decent amount to get a quality ring so that it won't break within a few years, but he shouldn't spend too much. I don't particularly like big rings with lots of diamonds in, so the ring I would like probably wouldn't be that expensive. I'd also probably get a little angry if he bought something too expensive, after all, we don't have money to just throw away on things unnecessarily but if that's what he wanted to do, he can do it. I'd just be a little shocked.

• I think a personal ring is the best way to go, something you know she will like based on her personality, that's way more important then price. Honestly i would never want someone to buy me an expensive ring though, I think it's a waste to spend a lot of money on things like that but that's just me lol

• I would rather it be cheap than too expensive...

• If I get a nice wedding ring, I don't care too much about the engagement ring. If you want to save money - you might consider using the wedding ring as the engagement ring and not buying an engagement ring. Gold shouldn't cost too much though. Maybe you can get one for $100 - $200 dollars?

• Find a ring that speaks to you and reflects her. Mine wasn't expensive but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Vintage rings are a nice way to find something nice that isn't over the top.

• i am marrying a person not a piece of rock and that is all that matters

• Not at all. At least I know we're committed.

• Go in-between. I wouldn't want too expensive either due to fear of someone hitting me over the head for it.