Why did my gorgeous friend marry an ugly guy?

Known her years , since school time an she was always a beautiful an fun girl to be around. A great friend of mine who I truly cherished. Lost touch few years back an now found out she's married an has a little daughter too.

What I saw was not pretty at all. He looks way older then her too like a dad figure. I was in shock. He is also bit chubby. Yes I know looks aren't everything but wow he was not what I expected her to end up with. I'm not shallow I just did think she would be more picky as she is very good looking and slim.

She does look very happy and in love though which is wonderful an what matters the most. She's married a year an baby nearly one. Her pictures were stunning she looks amazing. It made me wonder if I'm shallow with who I date although I've had some ugly and average dudes myself.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know sometimes... sometimes i think its bad to date someone significantly less attractive to you, i think since he is a guy its fine
    If he is older he probably is nice and secure, and thats what she was looking for

What Guys Said 27

• i find that girls tend to rate their their female friends much higher than what guys would rate her as. It's why im not big on having blind dates set up for me by female friends, because they usually try to post their most unattractive pals on you who they view as a 9/10 even though they don't work out/eat right/dress well. So its possible that the girl may not be quite as attractive as you may think she is... in which case she wouldn't have that many guys hitting on her to begin with.. as it tends to be a very cruel world for women if you don't look good.

The guy may also have what she is looking for in terms of being able to support a family. Most guys her age probably don't have all that. This is why i often say that guys, relatively speaking (and not true universally) age better than women do. It's not solely about looks (although that too is debatable) but a guys earning potential and "status" you could call it goes up several fold as they age and become more experienced in their careers. So she probably likes the stability he provides, and isn't overly concerned with how good he looks.

Lastly, there are also women who feel more secure in their relationship when they are with a guy who is less attractive than they are, as some feel that this decreases the likelihood that he'll be able to cheat on her, even if he wanted to

• People should date whoever makes them happy. She finds him attractive in other ways if not physical. just be happy for her If she looks happy. And some people go for looks while others go for personality. Your not shallow you just don't see what she does.

• "I'm not shallow I just did think she would be more picky as she is very good looking and slim" Yes, you are shallow. She made a choice for a guy that she loved for who he is and it shows now how happy she is. And your question and description show you are quite shallow.

• Even gorgeous friends do stupid things or appreciate people you don't like. Stay a bit in the background, but continue your friendship, to 'pick her up' if things go wrong.

• Maybe she's simply not as shallow as you...

• Lol only the people who don't get the question have said that which is 2 people haha 😂 go back to school

• I don't live assuming anything. You have an attitude for what lol so silly. if you don't care then don't answer my questions or comment simple as. 👏🏻👍🏻😃

• Lol if you think I'm shallow cool I don't care your irrelevant to me oh god don't u get it 💁🏽

• Because, especially in marriage, looks is not much to worry about.

• Leave them alone. It's not your business if they are happy together, not all people care only about looks.

• Lol if you don't like my question scroll on don't have time for an attitude 💁🏽

• Lol I don't mind your view thanks for answering honestly it doesn't matter to me but you seem to want it to 😂 everyone is entitled to their view it's not s big deal! Good day to you :)

• Good day to you too mysterious chick.

• Seriously, I saw these really hot girls married to guys that were way out of their league at a wedding recently. The guys were obese and looked like dump. I couldn't believe what I saw, they looked as if they were madly in love with each other. It was only because the guys had a lot of money, though. The guys were dumb, they just got really good social skills and got really lucky in life. When I was that fat, no one even gave me a second look. I never had a job, so I guess that's why girls never found me attractive. I was a complete loser. Now, I've turned into a god and people tremble in my presence. ROFL. People can't keep up with me in conversations, they can't comprehend anything I say to them but they pretend to understand what I'm talking about, I can tell I'm hot because girls can't stop staring at me and I've become too strong for a human. But it doesn't matter, girls keep choosing the guys who treat them badly and got the most money. I've stopped trying to get a job because I refuse to get one anyway. I'm not going to serve the corrupt elite of this planet.

I've met many guys in life who are in so much debt, are dirt poor, are super dumb, are completely hideous, with terrible, belligerent personalities that have been able to get any girl they want out of life. There's got to be some luck involved there. I now realize it was always destiny that has forced me to give up fulfilling my sexual desires. No girl will ever understand what its likes to have sexual desires every second of every day but have the worst luck possible in all existence at the same time. Luck was never on my side. I always helped other guys get girls, but when it comes to me, I am deemed as unworthy by society. I came to this planet just to have fun with girls. I ended up doing the exact opposite. I always got cockblocked by other guys. I don't care anymore though lol. I sacrificed everything about myself to make other people happy. So, I guess I'll be lonely forever, but I've accepted my destiny. I have other important missions in life now. The world will be changing tremendously starting next month. I'm going to get murdered in 2 months by forces beyond human comprehension, so whatever, lol. My worst fear in life will become reality. I'm going to die a virgin. Attraction is all based on luck. While every human gets to live lives of true freedom and happiness, I'm going to be murdered for saving humanity. I'm really going to regret posting this.

• Maybe because she's not as judgmental as you? Attraction is subjective. Besides, looks aren't everything.

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    And yes,, looks aren't everything.
    Obviously she finds him attractive enough to spend some naked time together.
    He is probably a nice guy too, which she appreciates.
    Everybody has their own criteria as to what works for them.
    Your friend found hers. Be happy that she is happy.

• Maybe he was a nice guy

• Maybe he's rich or its true love

• Maybe because she loves him

• Because its love, love love (guitar plays), simply, its what she wanted, she probably loves him to bits, and him the same to her

• Because she is not shallow like you are? just saying you know 😉

• 1|0
  • Looks are most commonly first in judgement but definitely aren't the only thing judged. Maybe if you got to know him you'd understand why.

• Thats her problem not yours

• There's a thing called "love". Ever heard of it?

• Many people don't accept it, but men not necessarily need to be physically attractive to have a beautiful girlfriend/wife. Men's desirability is not completely dependent on their looks. So you can't judge the guy without even meeting him.

• Your friend is happy I don't know why its bothering you so much

• Maybe the sex is amazing. Did you ever think of that?

• Personality and charisma are a helluva thing.

• Why did she? Because she loved him and either doesn't find him ugly as looks are subjective or she knows he's ugly but doesn't care as he is such a nice guy.

• He probably has lots of money?

• He does indeed just found out they got married in Caribbean an they went Canada for a holiday last year so yeah he rich

• Well there you go then, The two most important factors in a relationship are looks and money, You only need one of the two. Everything else like personality and stuff is just bulshit.

• Yeah lol to some people

• because she is smart enough to know that the no1 thing is a person's heart and character.

• your pretty is not her pretty. character is above all. if she saw a man that deeply loves her, that ca last for a life. beauty will eventually fade away

• Yes I am aware it fades it's just a question not to be taken too serious lol thanks for answering

• Is he a nice person?

• It must be his personality then. Either that or there was a weird turn of circumstance which led her to fall for him.

What Girls Said 13

• 1) The sex is really amazing.
    2) He's filthy rich.
    3) He treats her like a queen and makes her really happy.

Keep in mind that beauty is subjective. Although you may find him ugly, she might find him attractive.

Also, as the aging process set in and our tits start to sag and a guy's balls drop lower than his knees, the glue that holds you together is how good of friends you are; not your looks.

• Why does it matter? She can marry who she likes and it doesn't matter what he looks like. Maybe you think he's ugly but she doesn't.

• She married him because unlike you, she probably isn't shallow and fell for who he was as a person and not just because of how he looked which is one of the biggest reasons why marriages don't work in the first place. Looks fade, personalities don't in most cases.

• I already stated I am not shallow don't make assumptions little girl an if you don't like my question girl BYE

• Yea, true. Most of the people are. Reading back at my response, I even sound defensive, but bye. (:

• Lol bye good luck in life :)

• Maybe the guy had money? Most girls don't care too much when the guy is rich. I doubt she is in love with him if he is a lot older than her.

• well your friend obviously knows more about her husband than you.. so maybe there is some charming aspect of his personality that she could not resist..

• Because looks don't really matter if a guy has a great personality and can make you happy.

• Maybe she thinks he is hot as fuck... attractiveness is all on perspective.

• Bbbbeeecause she loves him?
    That just might be it.

• How old is the guy anyway? forty plus?

• Because he may not be ugly to her. And she may love him for who he is on the inside.

• Well , Maybe she loves him ,,, Love makes us blind... it's not about our faces but about the happiness we can give to whom we are in love with
    what's the point in marrying Mr handsome and getting divorced a few year after that cuz we can't give each other the happiness what's the point marrying a charming face he is ready to cheat on me cuz he always have girls around seducing him -_-
    i personally a pretty girl and i'm so in love with a very normal looking guy "he is a real man"

• I am not saying he's normal looking saying he's ugly that's all. An not all good looking guys would cheat that's a silly cliche really that's not always correct

• i didn't mean that every good looking guy will cheat on his girl -_- i just gave an example ,,, and what about being ugly you said that SHE IS HAPPY tha't the important mmmmmmm maybe she knows that he will make her happy in life , in bed (hhh) and with every thing

• I guess so yeah maybe thanks anyway for your view 👍🏻

• Lol if you're in love you don't care what they look like I suppose

• I don;t think she likes guys with looks, but she picked his personality