What are your arguments against gay marriage?

I am really curious why would anyone oppose someone's right to marry a person he/she loves based purely on their gender.

by the way, I am straight and in a happy relationship and I fully support gay marriage.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm all for two adults being able to marry anyone they choose to marry. I can't believe this is still even an issue with people and not completely legalized yet. Even if some people don't agree with it, that doesn't justify preventing other people from being able to do it.

What Girls Said 1

• Ah. People and their prejudices tsk tsk

What Guys Said 4

• Here in Australia there's a lot of talk about if our economy could support gay marriage.
    Married couples here receive tax benefits, but dating couples do not.
    Also, talks of strain on the adoption system, medical system and welfare have been talked about before.
    I haven't really looked too much into that, maybe someone could correct me.
    Otherwise I support it. If you want to marry someone, marry them. I couldn't really care about who other people marry, it's not my business.

• I have a few, but they are not logical, and I don't use them, or agree with them because I see nothing wrong with 2 people of the same sex marrying in the first place.

• i have nothing against it

• Can you see any harmony in an image of a gay couple? Nature of men does not support it. And many gay people got rid of this disposition with psychological and other scientific treatments.

• To answer your question: actually yes, I can. I know two gay couples and both are in what could be described as good, quality relationships. They're happy and love each other. There are many heterosexual couples living in less harmony than these two do.

There is no *treatment* for gays, being gay is not a disease. What they are doing to them is in best way "persuasion", usually by the environment coercing them to do it in the first place. Imagine yourself receiving "treatment" for not being straight...

• What a lame cop out lol :D

• If most people had to get rid of a "disposition" before being allowed to marry, do you realize that not many straight people would be allowed to marry either in that case. So why is that limited only to gay people?