My wife embarrassed me?

We had been invited to a fun day that my company was having. We were having a great time and then my wife dropped her purse; she kneeled over to pick it up and loads of people (including my boss) saw her bum crack. This was so humiliating, they were laughing at her and me. She's just embarrassed me in front of all my colleagues. She pulled her trousers up straight away and I know it was an accident but it was just mortifying. Can I salvage our credibility with my co-workers?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 15

• If she got wasted and hit on your boss then that would be a real problem. What happened was an accident and her embarrassment shouldn't be overlooked just because you want to save face. I'm sure no one who witnessed it is even thinking about it anymore. Get over it, and apologize to your wife for caring more about what others think then comforting her and her feelings.

• You could shrug it off by making a note that it was an accident, there was nothing that you or she could do, and get over it. If they see you avoiding them or trying to avoid the topic, they'll go ahead and tease you about it. Face it and move on.

(Honestly, I wouldn't ever be embarrassed by that. I suppose a lot of people are thin-skinned these days).

• its not a big deal... it was unintentional and your co workers are kinda immature to react like this

• Stand by your wife. Don't be a schmuck. No one respects a man that doesn't stand behind his wife.

• You might want to consider moving companies, so that you can work with some real ordinary people.. YOU alone might then save your pathetic embarrassment.

• It's just her bum crack? It's not really that bad. It was an accident, it's not like she just dropped her trousers down in front of everyone and mooned them. Just carry on, no one really cares about it.

• I really doubt they'll remember this down the line. You should forget about it too. It's not a big deal.

• Your coworkers sound like immature asses (pun unintended). Can't really do anything now, forget it and move on.

• sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/.../...lice-are-here.png

Seriously though, get over it. It's more their problem for purposely being jerks and more your problem for purposely letting jerks get you so upset.

• really.. that is all.. I got drunk and started shouting at my man to take me home and f**k me in front of all his co-workers. Forgive her, its not that bad. Really.

• You could have regained your credibility by showing your bum crack as well. at least then they would have thought that you're a considerate but humorous husband and not the selfish person they already must know you to be.

• sounds like 2nd grade

• she prop more embarrased than you are :( just say she's got a nice big ass? dunno

• So you know it was an accident and instead of being concerned for her being laughed at, you are more concerned about yourself. Man you sound like a real prize.

• I know right. I'm an incredible person!

• I feel that sarcasm is lost on you

• What sarcasm? I'm amazing, my feelings need to be taken into consideration.

• just let it go,

What Guys Said 13

• Lol first nobody hang on and remember things like that for long and it's kind of stupid of you to think of it over and over again, instead you should think, how would you wife be feeling about it she might not be showing but she might be traumatized inside about it. And people get to good laugh about it so don't think of it take care of your wife, and display your affections to her to make her realize that such little accidents can't change or affect bond of your relationship. Instead of being ashamed you can also laugh it off.

• Laugh it off tell them to grow up and get a life. If their only fun is laughing at an arse crack then they are a sad bunch. Be proud of your wife look at all her positives that made u fall in love and marry her. If it was the other way around, wouldn't you have wanted your wife to support you and be positive about it? I'm sure you wouldn't want her adding to the embarrassment and having a go at you would you?
    They are only jealous fools just ignore it.

• Come on man it was an accident... And you should ask her how she felt? Maybe she was embarrassed too?

Just let it go... and forget what happened... Wardrobe malfunctions happen to the best of the people...

Everyone will forget what happened.. You should too

• I don't see why this is an issue at all...

• don't worry about it. It was one time only. After a week they will forget about it. just laugh it off, your co-workers seems a little immature but i mean it's just one time.

• Just laugh it off, it's not actually a big deal.

• Your wife sounds ditzy lol.. Im sure its fine. She embarassed herself too

• they will forget it hopefully

• Time heals all. Co-worker move on, you move on, new things come up, time heals all. Dont worry about it. And I am someone in the corporate world who has seen and done memorable things that I could just want to die from. Time heals, trust me.

• not a big deal. on my company paty , someone even fart very loud , everyone laughted but noone really care.

• See the humours side of it

• If people bring it up, just say she was trying to get you a raise and leave it at that. If you let it become a source of embarrassment, people will keep bringing it up to get a rise out of you (and/or put you down). If you make light of it and don't let your feathers get ruffled, it will disappear very fast.

• And honestly--you should have a little more sympathy for your wife. Odds are she's far more embarrassed than you.

• Your career there is over. Don't quit but look for a similar position with a different company and get out as soon as you can.

And after you've left. Burn the place down and burn down the houses of all your former colleagues apart from your bosses.
    Make sure some of the dirt from your old workplace gets on the gas can you use and then leave it at your old bosses house to make it look like he did it! It's the perfect crime.
    Burn em, burn em all!