Will it be a problem getting married in japan?

Im not japanese Im hispanic

She is japanese

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not possible but will take time and doing. I've lived there. It just any country that is basically a democracy. It's not illegal or anything like that and your situation is hardly unprecedented. Do your research and there are organizations that will help you. Whatever you do, don't try to skirt the process. Are you planning on bringing her here? Or you'll live there. It makes a difference. dont worry about being Hispanic (what does that mean anyway besides you speak Spanish?). The officials in Japan and our immigration/department of homeland security won't care what your race and culture are. Her family might, but not in a racist way like here, but in a "you're not Japanese" way. Maybe. In doubt it though. Totally differing there than here. Have you met the parents? Have you been to Japan at all? Do the parents know about you? How old is she? (Could be a factor). Don't worry. If this is what you really want to do (and her) then you'll make this happen. It won't be easy and will be relatively expensive but like I says. It's been done before a billion times and there is a distinct process for this. Criminal back ground for you and her will be checked. If either of you have stuff, just make sure it's all done with and you're clear. Also any divorces wi bd checked for and any marriages. You both must be legally single/un married. They will check. Good thing is that US has good visa relations with Japan. That's a plus. Just do your research, decide if you want help from those who've done it before and be patient. It'll happen. (I'm speaking both about marrying her in Japan and bringing her here to US on family based visa) there are other options. Do your research. You'll be fine if you have patience.

What Girls Said 4

• What do you mean by "problem"?
    Marriage and visa are maybe treated separately here, but most people I know have been married for years before even applying for a spouse visa.

• yes cuz ur future wife will disappear

• it could be complicated

• If its a factor of you her being a native of Japan, I dont know how it works in different countries, but in america and most of Europe you need to prove why you want to get married and your relationship

What Guys Said 5

• you're living my dream dude, best of luck. As for your question you should be able to marry there.

• I really don't think it would be

• It is legal, but Japan is a much more homogenous country.

• So its possible but its not recommend to marry a foreigner?

• Thanks

• I used to live there and may go this route myself someday. Japanese or some other Asian lady from other Asian country. It's very doable. The marriage will be less difficult than getting her a visa to come to US. But even that don't be as difficult as in some other Asian countries. (If that's your plan). I replied you separately. Also.

• I don't think so.

• Maybe, if you want to marry a Japanese.