What is the perfect age to get married?

I am 18 and my girlfriend is 22. Yesterday she was joking about getting married and I said it's too young to get married (it actually is), I guess at least 24. Is that fine to get married to a older girl?

Actually not joking... She made it serious now...
I wouldn't get married until 23... (I think so...)

Most Helpful Guy

• This really is a questrion rthat can only give answers based on personal preference, I'll try to generalise when I think someone is ready, and it certainly isn't defined by age in my book.

Legally it depends on where you live but after that I think it depends on what responsibilities getting married will entail and if the parties involved can handle those tasks maturely and independently, meaning. If you expect to get a house together and pay for a wedding. I think you should have the finances to be able to pull that off yourself, you don't have to pay for them (parents my want to help.) In the least though I believe you should at least possess the finances to do so. It's never determined by age, I've met 20 year olds who are married and are handling it really well and 40 year olds who can't seem to maintain a relationship. End of the day the vows mean something too, if the person you're with is't someone you think you can spend your life with at that moment and for the foreseeable future, then no, don't get married. I mean really think, can you put up with their bad habits? can you wake up to their face everyday and get tempted by countless other woman and still return to them that night, for years?

This all matters because I think if someone may be ready to marry they may not necessarily be ready for a kid or other commitments, you have to take this on a person to person basis. 20 isn't too young, I only think above 19 as I can't fathom a 19 year old truly being ready for that sort of commitment but if they can prove it to me then so be it, why not.

Of course getting married to someone older is fine, age, height, gender, how is any of that going to help when they start leaving their dirty clothes around the house, when the bills start coming in. Do what makes you happiest.

What Girls Said 8

• Well, for her, it is kinda close to the perfect age. Engaged at 22, married at 23-25 depending on planning and birthdays. Then a child around 27. She's probably overlooking your age because you are mature and she sees you more on her level, rather than still a teenager.

• I'd want to get married in my mid twenties.

• It shouldn't be about age. Do you have funds to support yourself if you do marry her? Don't have an expensive wedding either!

• there is no perfect age
    when you feel comfortable about your finance and emotions
    you are ready

• 18 is young for a guy I believe.
    I think age 25 is fine but ideal would be 26-28. :)
    For guys.

• it depends on you as a couple age doesn't make a difference some girls are 27 and still aren't mature enough to marry and some are the opposite age is just a number it doesn't define your qualifications for marriage

• There is no perfect age, but due to your own age, I would advise you seek marital counsel first due to lack of life experiences and just to make sure you aren't just marrying without first thinking of all that goes into it like kids, finances, religion, sex, your jobs, where you're going to live, how her family or your family feels about it. Don't rush and don't let her rush you if you aren't ready.

• I was 22 my husband was 20 when we got married

What Guys Said 13

• We married at 25, when we both had a job. It was a good age.

• I believe 25 and above

• Lol she made it serious? Is this like your highschool sweetheart?

As a guy there's less and less reason to get married. Very little benefits with lots of new obligations and risks

• The age u are when u finished school and worked in ur career ot job for a couple years at least. But during the first couple years of career, ud want to travel and save and treat urself. After this aspect of ur life, when u have someone who's also ready like u are and loves u

• Wait until you reach your 30s. Or at least late 20s

• Dont marry. No need to see that love turns into hate little by little. But if you guys determined i suggest you to wait till at least 28-30

• 30 for guys I guess,25 for girls. But I will say never get married!

• I do not know what is the perfect age, but I want to get married around 28-31.

• Love is blind bruh age doesn't stand a chance in feint of love ;)

• You gotta wait until you get older fam... You haven't even experienced life at that age yet

• wait till your 30's.

• Umm, I'd be cautious with that girl.

• I got married at 19 to my wife that was 18. We have been married for 5 years and are perfectly happy and have a good time together. We also had a child last year. There is no perfect time its all based on if you feel that is the person you would spend your life with.