The US Supreme Court just mandated all states to recognize same-sex marriage. What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• The government should have absolutely nothing to do with marriage

• Then who will? The church?

• Are you saying that everyone desiring to make a lifelong commitment to each other should do so, with no tax breaks/benefits?

What Girls Said 8

• Friday , a special report was on the news as I cleaned out my rat's cage. My heart skipped a beat, and I listened really hard. My sister came over and started talking to me, so I told her to shhh, haha. And I learned it was actually about the Supreme Court saying that certain aspects of the Affordable Care Act were constitutional. So, I wasn't bummed, but I thought it was about the marriage equality case. Then yesterday, I was in the family living room when it happened, and I was glued to the TV. I was so happy, and I'm still so happy. My thoughts are, I feel as if the US is a country I'm even more proud of now.

And I hope President Obama brings the smack-down on Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee, Utah, and Alabama.

• I am glad that it is being recognized across the US. The problem now is the number of people and states that are going to resist it (and it is their right to do so).

• I'm so fucking happy.

• Hallelujah!!!

• It's about time this has happened

• Too bad they can't mandate US people to recognize it too.

• It's about fucking time!

• it's about time equality is accepted

What Guys Said 11

• Let freedom ring!

• It was inevitable. Same-sex marriage had become engrained in our laws. Had the court rebuffed it, no one would have conformed and the Court would have lost credibility.

• I do think it was inevitable. But the court would keep on trucking either way.

• Whatever it's fine. I don't really care too much about it

• it will cause problems in a few states

• I never really cared and still dont... let them do whatever the hell they want. Heterosexual marriage is bad enough with high divorce rates est... let others have a chance at a broken "sacred" right.

• Things are going to get weird around here.

• I think it is weird.

• It sucks. This country is failing itself...

• I think it is an awful thing. Now boyfriends of men get shared health benefits. If a woman with a boyfriend wants those rights for her boyfriend, shouldn't she get that too? What's the difference. So unfair.

• How should that be addressed?

• I hope so.

• what a mess.

• Even in Texas?

• Even in Texas, though they're trying to focus their agencies to protect religious freedom.

• That may be the point of some of the openness. To out those who aren't on board.

• Haha, poor Texas.