What are your thoughts of the United Stated of America legalizing gay marriage?

Since I'm a gay-marriage supporter myself, I'm happy with the decision and I think it's long overdue.

With this being said, I think we have FAR more important issues than this. We could worry about war, poverty, the overall economy, crime, the environment and so on. Yet, we tackled this issue, which won't even matter if we don't have a stable country to live in.

So, what do you all think? I think we'll see some heated debates today here on GAG.

• I support gay-marriage and I think it's an important issue
  • I support gay-marriage but I think there were far more important issues
  • I don't support gay-marriage and I think this is an important issue
  • I don't support gay marriage but I don't think it's that important of an issue.
@Frost_Byt3 You literally read my mind... lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is an issue that i honestly don't care much about. I guess you could say that i support gay marriage, because i have the type of attitude like "let em do what they want because it doesn't effect my life one way or another".

Yes, i think there are far more important issues that need to be worked on. I'm just glad that our country is getting this issue resolved so they can move on to more important ones.

What Girls Said 8

• There are far more important issues than gay marriage in my opinion, but it's good that this has been resolved.

People who don't support it should get their rights restricted and see how they feel.

• I'm an environmentalist so I'm more focused on the impact humans are having on our environment. However, congrats to those who can now get married. It was a breakthrough when mix raced couples were allowed to marry. They used to sentence them to prison time.

• I'm really not an environmentalist at all (since many of them tend to be hypocrites) but I will say the environment is more important than this. However, I'm happy myself.

• The ones I've came across will pollute the air, litter occasionally, and "cherry-pick" environmental issues. I even met one guy who claimed to be an environmentalist and he hunted or FUN! I can understand food purposes but out of pure enjoyment? Lol

• Oooh. I see. Lol

• Eh, this is like literally the 5th question today about this already, there will probably be like 500 more. 😑
    But, yeah, it's super awesome and I fully support it. This needed to happen long ago.

• Maybe it's not the most important thing that y'all could be working on, but it is important for millions of people to be able to have the same rights as straight people. Let's face it, the Supreme Court doesn't make rulings that will affect environmental policy. It depends on where the decision is coming from. Every step towards a better life for citizens helps the country out.

• Oh, I agree! I can see the point of view from gay people definitely. However, this is NOT the only issue in the LGBT community.

• No, but it's a good start, yeah?

• This is and always been about civil rights, so what is more important than civil rights?

• exactly. can't say it much better than this

• I disagree with Civil Rights being more important than any other issue in our country.

Our economy is arguably the most important, but what about the environment? If we don't have an environment, nothing else matters really. We are destroying our environment so much, we could KILL ourselves. Legalizing gay marriage won't do much good if we're... dead.

Also, do you really like Texas or is that a user name? It just seems ironic because Texas doesn't have the best reputation for being an advocate for Civil Rights lol

• I live in Texas and I support same sex marriage and most people around my age are all for it.

• I'm so happy!!

• I think it's about fucking time.

• This goddamned question again? Enough with this.

• When I asked this question, I didn't see this question asked at all.

However, it is funny you took time to give your opinion on this question, yet, wonder why everyone is asking it. People wouldn't ask it so much without opinions, right?

What Guys Said 16

• I think it's great and about time. now we can start moving on to other issues that need addressing

• It was always legal, making it illegal was a violation of the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment, unconstitutional laws are not laws, period.

Granted, this would have been essentially a non-issue to begin with had we Americans not allowed the government to infect every miniscule aspect of our lives. Having to get a license to get married? Who came up with that idea? It's what enabled this kind of civil rights violations in the first place.

• Whether it was unconstitutional or not, it was illegal for people of the same sex to marry.

• No it was not because unconstitutional laws are null and void.

The only way anybody was actually able to prevent this was through a lisencing system, no lisencing system nothing to threaten churches with.

• Now that they have it, they'd better shut up about oppression and what not.

I don't try to impose my catholicism, buy damn it I will fight back if anyone tries to impose their degeneracy upon me.

• I'm Catholic too, but if you haven't noticed, the Baptists and Mormons are the ones who rally against marriage equality the most.

• I did lol. My comment was more about people starting to demand that the catholic church recognize gay marriage.

• I'm glad it's finally over with so we can focus on more pressing matters.

• Basically, if you vote A or B you are a normal human being, if you vote C or D you are a retarded swine.

• I don't agree really.

Some of the smartest people I can think of oppose gay-marriage, and are far from "retarded swine."

• I'm not sure really.

I just know that some of the most bigoted people can be highly intelligent, while some "dumb" people are very open-minded. Adolf Hitler was supposedly a genius.

• Adolf Hitler, In my opinion, was one of the greatest political leaders off all time. The shit he accomplished is second to no other political leader in the history of our specie. Though, I can't say the same for his Military and Social views :/.
      And i get what your saying, My point is though, There is quite simply, no logical reason to oppose LGBT marriage, The only people who oppose it are backwards antisocial people who have been indoctrinated by family / religion etc. Noone is born a Homophobic ;)

• Ireland recently became the first country to legalize it by a vote. And I suppose Ireland would have been considered one of the more conservative and religious countries. It's long overdue in the U. S.

• I heard from people who live there that Ireland isn't near as religious as it used to be and it's actually very liberal, like most of Europe .

• Yea I live there, I'm Irish. Yea it's nowhere near as religious. Most people here will tell you they're Catholic but most people don't even go to church. It's definitely liberal and it's come a long way. It would have been an overwhelming no vote for same sex marriage less than 50 years ago.

• far more important issues, even and definitely within the lgbt community. healthcare needs better focus, as do the abuse that many lgbt children face.

• I dont believe the government constitutues marriage is, they're not married they're just getting government benefits.

Marriage will always be between a man and a woman.

• I'm fine with it bro. Every sexuality should have the right to be happy and that's only my opinion

• I'm not gay so it wouldn't have an impact on me.

• Good for them now if they could only do something about alimony and child support laws

• Finally! This was long long long overdue, but better late than never I suppose.

• There are more important issues. That said, even small problems are still problems.

• "Gay Marragie is code for FREE POPULATION CONTROL

• Shame in girls supporting gay marriages, its against their basic right, what will girls do if gay marriage is legalized?

• Not for it not against it. I honestly don't care. Do what you want.