Am I the only one who thinks this?

I think making gay marriage legal was a big mistake, first let me say I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST GAY MARRIAGE. But I am a believer in God, and that God makes two people for each other, and that marriage is a holy thing. That being said, it's not anymore. The Government said so. It stepped in and made marriage only a thing of law, not of God. And that makes me sad. I do think gay people should be able to marry, but I hate that you have to force people against their own religion in order to do so... Most religions forbid gay marriage, but the government says that doesn't matter. A man or woman can not say no to marrying two gay people even if they have to go against their God to do so. Am I the only one who thinks that's bad? And who should a person fallow more? Their religion or the law?

• The law
  • Their religion
  • That was too long
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't care about god, I don't believe in god and god doesn't exist.

I don't care for gay marriage if they want to why not it doesn't bother me.

• I respect you for that.

What Girls Said 11

• God made marriage for a man and a woman.. I don't care if two gay people marry, as long as it's not in the house of God.

• Do you realize that only like 4% of the US is anything other than straight? Are you seriously trying to tell us less than 4% of the nation are ruining life for you?

About 4% of the nation have food allergies. Are those people bothering you? Are they affecting your life at all?

I also clicked B instead of A. Thanks mobile ;P

• Um... My problem is a few sates (mine included) are extremely pissed and want to leave the U. S. Also it's forcing people to go against their religion. I have no problem with gays getting married! Just the way they got it.

• The only reason they couldn't would be the same reasons the states couldn't before...

• "I have nothing against gay people but I don't think they should be allowed to get married"
    That's textbook homophobia.
    You can pretend to support gays all you want but if you don't support equal rights because of YOUR religion then you are a homophobe and your religion supports hate and discrimination.

• Where did I say that?

• You're misquoting me... That's why people don't like stuck up people like yourself... I'm against the government forcing people to love someone else. I personally have always believed in gay marriage. I just don't like someone telling me I have to be okay with it or else... That's black mail not equal rights...

• You don't have to be okay with it? No one is forcing you to love someone else?
      If you "believe in gay marriage" then what's the problem? Other people getting married has no effect on anyone else, they just now have a right that everyone else already had.
      And what do you mean "like it or else"? Or else people will call out your bigoted self? Or else people will know you're homophobic which isn't acceptable anymore?

• Who gives a shit? Fucking seriously, love is love and people don't get that. "God makes 2 people for eachother". Then how comedic orcs is allowed? Because that's not how it works. Sorry to say. I believe that God is real I just don't believe or agree with stuff in the bible because love is love.

• How does 2 people of the same sex effect your life in any way?

• Read what I said. The Government is forcing churches and states do what it wants. How does that not effect anyone who believes in God?

• Though that's more tricky since they are really picky about that. You can be married by a judge though.

• So No it's getting married doesn't have to be a religious act at all now.

• I don't think its right but if you didn't Vote its too late now. Everyone just deal with it. This is in the Bible God knew it was going to happen.

• No one could vote...

• Ooohh Okay because there was rumors that if some people voted. I said I didn't know anything or hear about it. But its what ever

• Why can't people put down their bibles and just enter the real world.

• I'm guessing you know nothing of history?

• You kidding? Sure there's been bad things done in his name, but the world's best inventors, artists, writes, etc were inspired by in. The bad stuff would have happened anyway, humans are greedy, evil things, why not let people believe in something better?

• I'm never said you shouldn't believe, I'm just saying the bible shouldn't be an excuse to take people's rights away.

• Lol @ this was too long😂 you're funny!!!
    But hey why did God make them gay and then says well but you can't be together cause I said so. That seems mean and pointless. I don't think God is like that?

• That makes sense. In YOUR opinion it was a mistake because of YOUR beliefs. No problem there at all.

But realize the world doesn't revolve around you and your opinion is irrelevant when it comes to human rights

• Finally! I agree with you 100%. I am not against homosexuals. But I am against gay marriage. I believe that they should be able to get some bond or partnership license but MARRIAGE IS A BIBLICAL TERM and should be respected!! I don't ask people to go against their religion for my beliefs so why is the Government trying to take my beliefs away, as a Christian? Gay marriage should not be a thing. Partnership- yes. Marriage- no. I've actually started to get a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to the gay community because honestly, if you can't respect my religion than why should I respect you? God taught us to love each other as equals. Love your neighbor as you love yourself. Taught us acceptance. Taught us forgiveness. Yet, we look like the bad guys.. Of course there are Christians who make us all look bad and their are people within the gay community who give everyone a bad name. Its the way of life. But don't try to take my religion and run it through the ground just because you don't believe. I don't believe being gay is right but you don't see me running your sexual preference through the dirt.

• It's not bad at all.

• Yeah. There's at lest 5 states talking about leaving the U. S... But it's all good...

What Guys Said 9

• (I don't believe in god) Honestly, I respect people for having their religion and believing in whatever. BUT, this tweet says everything: "Funny how we know gay people exist and don't know if god exists, but deny gay people their rights on the off chance it might piss god off."
    Don't take it too literal, but see where I'm going?

• "... but I hate that you have to force people against their own religion in order to do so..."

Who forces you to have a gay marriage?

• Some people are so blinded by religion they can't think for themselves.
    You included. Best decision the US have ever made in my opinion..

• Forcing people to do stuff? Making even more hate for gays? That's all good huh?

• If you were to follow religion should we still stone people to death?

• You serious? You read the law? Every church and state has to be okay with it and gave to do it. If a church refuses they'll get shut down. And yes more hate. Read the news. There's more then a few states who want to leave the U. S. Because of this.

• it is a question of who's rights come first, and apparently gays rights come first

• man wot's so bad bout 2 people marryin without annoyin u?

• The bad part is the government forcing people to believe what it wants...

• What?

• u said:

"The bad part is the government forcing people to believe what it wants..."

and i said nobody's forcin u bro

• Gay should be able to get married the bible says nothing about a gay unless your counting the angle that were in sondum and other people wanted to rape the that more anti rape then anti gay

• Gay marriage should be allowed, I don't even wanna know what you would do if you had a gay son, probably a terrible dad

• I think gay people are a mistake. So yes I guess I do.

• Religion has no place in law. Who cares if religion doesn't want gay marriage. All those religious people can not get gay married then if that's important to them. Just don't go saying to other people that they can't get gay married.