I would only marry a woman who wants to be a housewife and stay at home mom. Why do a lot of militant feminists?

... have such a problem with this as it is my own personal choice for marriage? Surely I have the right to reject career women for any long term relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• Many militant feminists have a degree which they studyied for. They want to use their degree.

• Well wouldn't it be smart to use a degree?

• Well live and let live should apply to your wife lol. So if she choose to have a career I don't see why that should be an issue, it's just kind of hypocritical is all.

I don't think what you think is wrong, I just think it's close minded and I think you should take other things into consideration is all.

• Well it would be foolish for two people who two radically different ideas for a future to be together. I have taken these things into consideration from what I have seen of marriages and families where the mother has a career and no offense its not how I would like to raise children.

What Girls Said 3

• 1. To instantly dismiss women who don’t agree with your desired lifestyle as ‘militant’ is only going to block understanding of why they feel the way they do.

2. Yes, you have the right to be picky when deciding who you want as a life partner. However, if you express that in a way where you are “rejecting” someone who has done nothing to you or imply that women who do not fit your idea are inadequate and worth less, then some females are going to have a problem with your tone and what you imply.

• Perhaps your right. But im only being honest. Im not attacking career women im just dont want to marry one its no different than a woman who dont want to marry a man with no career.

• In actual reality, it probably is different. Plenty of people know that there are certain types of people they don’t wish to marry. However, when you start glorifying one type of person while you put down the other, it creates an issue.

• Basically I get hit on a lot by women at work and other places and it came up a few times in conversation with them that I am not looking for a long term relationship with a career woman, not that I was putting career women down or glorifying houswifes I just didn't want to lead anyone on.

• You need to be compatible with whoever you want to marry, as far as long term goals go of course. And I don't know why anyone would get offended at a preference.

But I think it's kind of shallow to only marry a woman like that because sometimes you can't help who you fall in love with and that would really limit your options, you could miss out on a really amazing women who wants a future career of her own, who maybe just likes working part time to socialize etc. People change through out our entire lives and when the kids go start school, maybe she wants a job of her own? I just think the entire thing is very limiting to her and to yourself but I don't think there's anything wrong with it. And if you're open minded to those possibilities it would be even better.

• Maybe your right about the part time job while the kids are at school but this buisness of relying daycare, nannies, teachers and babysitters to raise your children which is what a lot of professional career couples do is madness.

• I do think children should always come first in a relationship and it does require a lot of work and I don't see a thing wrong with being a stay at home mom but I don't think it's healthy to lose yourself in something, that goes for motherhood and career women as well.

For example a mother who's only interaction and goals are to be a mother, it becomes her identity and to me it's not good for you to lose your identity and it's not a good role model for your children to see and think they're mom is their life and they are hers. What is the harm in showing children that they will be ok without a mom doing things for them or without a mom there to watch their every move?

The same goes for career women as well, what good is it to lose yourself in a career, to sacrifice so much time away from the people you love for a job?

Both sides and requiring both sides to lose themselves and become absorbed with either one, isn't beneficial or fair to anyone in my eyes.

• I don't think either side is beneficial to the extent of not being there for your children enough or for smothering them.

• I'm sure you'll find her someday, might be difficult though...

• Not really. There are many women out there who dont want to leave their kids with strangers while they go out to work. There are plenty of christian women with traditional values looking for that kind of relationship. Not that im attacking career women I just couldn't marry one.

• Well good on u then xo

What Guys Said 3

• I love you bro. Don't ever change. <3

• Then go for it

• you're entitled to your preferences. Forget about what others try to force you to like