Do you think gay marriage is okay?

I personally do not believe in gay marriage. I have no issues with gay people, but I want people to explain why they think it is either right, or wrong.

• I believe anyone is allowed to marry.
  • Being gay is wrong all together.
  • Marriage is between a man and woman.
  • It doesn't affect me, why should I care?

Most Helpful Guy

• Equality does not equal morality.
    I was harassed by homosexuals when I was a kid 4 different men trying to get to me.
    They should be allowed to get some kind of 'legal' benefits but the word merriage should not be use to be fitted for an agenda for the Democratic Party
    The federal government should fix that and be recognized by the state whatever whey want t to do, but marriage is for a 'group' of heterosexual couples ( gender equality is not the same as gender compatibility.)

What Guys Said 17

• I don't think that gay marriage is ok, why? Because I don't think that homosexuality is ok, I personally don't have a reason to accept homosexuality or to view it as a normal behavior, I'm just disgusted by it and nothing can change that.

• You say you don't have a reason to accept it?
      Do you have a reason to not accept it?

• It's not that I can't I am simply choosing to not waste my time :)

• @theFIN13 Well, if you consider preaching on your beliefs being a waste of time, so be it. I think it's an excuse because you are more captivated by Christ than homos and trannies. It's much like a contradiction.

• Since there are legal benefits to marriage it makes sense to make it legal. Previously marriage was a social contract between man and woman where the man agreed to provide and protect the woman and in return she agreed to give him exclusive procreative rights with her. Since marriage has come to encompass more there are certain aspects of it which should be allowed for gay couples, such as hospital visitations which they can't do as well as collecting life insurance etc.

• It is against my personal religious beliefs. But I have gay friends who I get along great with.

• It makes no difference to me

• Yes, I do.

• Yes, I do.

• I just don't see how anybody else gets to decide anything for anyone else so long as it doesn't effect anyone else...

• i don't really care either way, if they want to marry go ahead. but I know it will cause a lot of problems

• Yeah I think it's okay

• i don't think it's ok. Just my opinion.

• Yeah! I would like to get married some day! So I am all for same sex marriage!

• Ewww no its not okay good thing I don't live in the west

• nah that is disgusting

• I just do not consider it a marriage.

• Homosexual couples deserve the same benefits that heterosexual couples receive.

• Nope. Homosexuality is disgusting and homophobia is beautiful

• Homosexuality is an abomination

What Girls Said 14

• Funny thing about your poll options is that I believe:
    E. All of the above
    As a christian I believe the bible is the ultimate authority on all things moral, and it expresses in what I find to be a clear manner that homosexuality is wrong. HOWEVER, it even more clearly expresses that everyone is a sinner and above all we are to love all people regardless of their sin. Judgement is not mine, I do things equally as bad myself if not worse. I don't believe in shoving my opinion down other people's throats and therefore believe that since it doesn't affect me (or anyone else not in the relationship) they should have freedom to marry. True freedom of religion also means the freedom to a lack thereof.

• I have no different opinions between straight marriage vs gay marriage. I see them both as the same thing, I don't have problems with either. :)

• It's wrong on so many levels. I do not like it, marriage is between a man and woman

• but others don't believe that. do you think it should be ok to prevent gays from marrying?

• Nothing against gays but I just don't think they should marry. Instead of having the Suprene Court vote on this they should be fixing real problems, not promote the media's agenda

• Polygamy i have no problem with as long as it's between consenting adults, but incest we shouldn't allow obviously because of mentally defected children.

So what are these "plenty of other reasons" you mention that we shouldn't allow gay people to marry?

• tbh i don't care

• I believe in C 100%. However, America has so many problems that legalizing gay marriage was just the icing on the cake.

• Of course, love is love! Plus, why does allowing gay marriage effect you if you aren't gay? People will be together if they want to, a piece of paper isn't going to change that.

• Well it does. I live in a society where being gay is a thing. It really depends on doing right by the Lord or feeling a religious obligation. Not only do some gays openly preach their beliefs aloud, but they also openly do certain things considered unnatural. @katgirl07

• @ForeverYours39 So I assume you also agree with beastiality, polygamy, incest, and paedophilia?

• "So I assume you also agree with beastiality, polygamy, incest, and paedophilia?" Uhmm.. Why are you talking to me in a thread I'm not apart of? And I agree with polygamy. Not bestiality because animals can't consent. Do you mean to say pedophilia? Obviously would not agree with that because children cannot consent. Incest is not right because of the birth defects it causes.

• Yes I think it's fine. As long as they love each other and are happy who are we to judge.

• Absolutely. Everyone should be able to love who they want to love. Enough said, I think! : )

• I don't agree with it either but I don't hate them.

• Love is love.

• Well i made a whole myTake on it... the hate was incredible (yet pretty predictable I'll admit).

• I don't believe in marriage altogether, but I think anyone should be allowed to do so.

• Love is love. If people are attracted to the same sex then they should be free to marry their significant other.

• I think it's okay because people get married out becayse of love, not gender. Marriage is a union that unites people with promises of love and commitment, so just because people share the same gender doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to get married.