What's your ideal wedding?

Prices exclude honeymoon of course.

• Low-key wedding at the courthouse. $150
  • Express wedding in Las Vegas. $1000 or $200 if already there on vacation
  • Private wedding with a handful guests. $5000
  • Intimate wedding with less than a hundred guests. $10'000
  • Traditional wedding with hundreds of guests. $30'000

Most Helpful Guy

• I went with C. If I ever did get married in just some field under a tree with the bare minimum people just so we had someone to bear witness to it. I thought marriage was supposed to be between just two people not between two people and their friends of friends and 100 other people...

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted b but meant a

• Well if you have a destination wedding you usually have a reception when you get home but you aren't in the dress and I they tend to be in my opinion more like an engagement party and less formal.

Instead of renting a huge venue you can have it catered at your house or rent a room at a restaurant and you aren't inviting everyone you know. WAY less stress, your saving your friends the duty of being a bridesmaid (somehow brides forget you aren't there to serve them for the 18 months leading up to the wedding). BUT you serve up nice food and booze so you still get wedding gifts and everyone walks away happier. Except maybe your parents...

• Oic! Thanks for your explanations ^^
      It does sound less stressful than a traditional wedding.

What Guys Said 14

• I don't know just a normal one. cake, family, friends, music, dancing, that's all we need.

• I want to have an intimate wedding maybe 50 people
    But i want it to be somewhere special, withe someone special
    just my family, hers, and some friends

Haha we would all just dance, drink wine, and i would be all over my wife!! lol!
    I would dance with her for like 8 hours!

• I hope you've started saving up alreaddy ^^

• I was kidding, she would kill me :p

• lol!!! NOOOOOO
      i wouldn't let her, i would never marry a murderer lol!

• I like option C the best. Maybe closer to like fifty guests or something like that.

I'm flexible, though.

• @bubble_tea I believe most guys really don't care and the girls make most of the decisions. Not to sound corny but in the end the wedding doesn't matter... the only thing that really matters is who you are marrying. Key is to have your close friends with you.

• I believe most guys have a budget and can't spend whatever the bride wants xD

• I would be shocked if parents did not help pay for over 30% of all weddings... but that is just a guess

• I don't know either... maybe I should ask a question here xD

• pcdn.500px.net/.../4.jpg
    the girl that will marry me is very lucky because our wedding will be here. its a small tower middle in the sea between two continents

• Low key summer wedding at relative's farmhouse. Maybe a dozen relatives each side.

• I voted E... But it wouldn't necessarily cost $30k, it may cost less and it may cost more.

• I just went by what I read about the cost of an average wedding in the US.

• Lol no, I actually have many uncles and aunts too. It's only odd to me that you feel like inviting people only because you've met them or seen them a few times in your life and really don't know all that well or like that much. xD
      Actually, what I said is really what a Muslim friend told me. His friend who also grew up here had to invite people he literally did not know and have never seen lol and he had to tell his parents to stop inviting people because the place where they held the wedding only had limited space xD. If you go down the comments, you can read findingdreamland's answer that is pretty much what went down lol

• Hahaha well what can I say? It's our traditions we can't change that but I don't think it's a negative thing tbh, I mean if they want to come then why not? Lol

• Low key with family and friends, but how the hell could that cost $5,000? My parents had a hundred plus people in a church and it only cost around $1,000.

• I made up the numbers from B to D, but I think the costs have risen quite a bit since your parents married.

• I'm positive that it'd still cost more than what your parents paid more than 20 years ago.

• Perhaps, but people who spend $5,000 plus on a wedding are idiots. Yes, I'm including family members in that.

• No wedding

• A traditional Catholic wedding Mass.

• Next time, I'll do a little church in the Alps.

• The idea of a Vegas wedding, damn that's trashy! Vote C!

• Can't we just live in sin? I like sin.

• Get married at the courthouse, then have a big party afterwards. Have people bring food and drink. Simple, cheap and a good time!

• It's definitely all of those 3 things you said ^^

• I've been best man 5 times. I watched these couples spend a lot of $$$$. Only 2 of the marriages have lasted to this day. In one case, a friend was getting remarried and still paying for the other wedding. Don't believe the hype about having to spend crazy money... whether it's coming from family, friends or businesses. People keep forgetting that the ceremony IS NOT the most important part. Some of the best marriages I know had very humble, meaningful ceremonies that cost next to nothing...

What Girls Said 17

• To be honest when I was young I wanted a big bash type wedding. So I guess a traditional one. Asian weddings are a bit like that. The parents splash out a lot on them.

But over the past few years I've grown out of that. I want a simple ceremony in the Masjid (Mosque) with his family and mine. Its called a Nikaah in Arabic.
    The second day (performed after the nikaah) is where you have to give a feast to those you know. I think it'll be a little over a hundred guests so yeah probably a intimate wedding

• i chose D, mainly because i intend to work for it and actually consider marriage as a sacred thing (not just a legal contract), and its not like i expect him to pay for it

i did choose E because i'm assuming its a marriage in a church, which i'm not fond of..

• Am almost too embarrassed to admit that my wedding last year, cost almost £100k.. But that did include a 60 day round the world cruise.

• Why are you embarrassed when that's what you wanted?

• Well, at least you've seen the whole world now and don't need to travel anymore... xD

• @bubble_tea.. Baring a long awaited pregnancy arriving.. We still have a few more places to see/visit yet. :)

• An intimate wedding <3
    I just want my family, his family and some of our closest friends to be with us on our special day... I don't want 100 guest xD
    There will be music dancing... It will be beautiful

• Yeah, sounds like a great plan!

• Oh lol 😅 I thought it was a party never ends. Does it mean people don't have to take vacation days and go to work and instead of going home for dinner, they just go to the ceremony? That sounds more doable ^^

• Yup :) They have dinner at the bride/groom's place :)

• My ideal is C but my family would love to have sth E. Too many guests even I do not know XD
    I kinda agree too because i do not want to upset people. I would want to invite everyone if they wanted to come.

• C sounds the best to me...

• I would be happy going to the courthouse and then going somewhere awesome for the honeymoon lol.

I've never wanted a wedding and all of that.

• I'm actually surprised that some guys even chose D and E, simply becauseso many men here say they don't want to marry ever lol

• lol yes, I was scrolling through the mens answers and thinking dang they want more than some women do, it was a surprise.

• Well, maybe I should have added another option.. "my ideal wedding is the wedding that never takes place" and see how much we can get crushed xD

• I think it would be a huge wedding. It is typical for us to invite basically everyone you know to not seem rude. So I voted E.
    But to be honest I'd prefer D.

• We got married in shorts and t-shirts, no make up, no witnesses or guests or honeymoons. Nobody knew we did it. We just went to the office and got it done in the back room.

• A private wedding with just a handful of guests. That probably won't happen since my relatives from my dad's side and mom's side can easily hit over a hundred people.

• I would vote C but it would cost me more like £1,000 I think.

• Something super tiny.

• I chose C. But the way things are playing out in my life right now, A seems more realistic.

• I would love a traditional wedding at a beautiful reception :)

• Honestly just Vegas

• If the homosexuals can marry then why can't I marry my cousin?

• You can, just not in your country maybe. But that was not the question.

• I know but gager are such nazis

• I don't care for a big wedding. I imagine we would just dress nicely at the marriage register and take a few nice photos... that's it. Dinner with be with friends... I don't see the point of spending too much for a lavish wedding party.