What do you consider getting married young?

I've read a few questions here on the topic and I've noticed the definition of "young" varies quite a bit. Some people say under 25 others under 30.
So what do you think?

I always wanted to get married young and yet here I am 23 and single. I was telling a colleague that the other day and he said "omg stop it you're still a baby, you still have plenty of time to marry "young" " Do I though? What is young in your eyes? I already feel quite old actually

• Under 20
  • 20 - 25
  • 26 - 30
  • over 30

Most Helpful Guy

• Never... Marriage is un-natural.

• i disagree

• Yeah but why pay so much and stress so much about 1 stupid day for something you already have?

And when it ends in divorce it just makes everything 1 million times harder for the both participants

Also the 2 people are IN LOVE.. TOGETHER. Marriage makes it a business arrangement were they guy basically agrees to give everything he has so his 'wife' has everything at the end...

A business deal.. A contract... You want a realtionship not a business deal.

• Besides divorce and initial cost marriage saves money. We really do the receptions and everything for ourselves... but with just a legal contract it would be very affordable. People get tax breaks for being married.

What Guys Said 6

• Younger than 21 is crazy in my opinion. Your both still young and a guy is still maturing until he is around 22. Getting married around 21 to 25 is still young.

• I was married at 25 and that was WAY TOO YOUNG!

• why do you feel that way?

• My wife wasn't mature enough at that age. She cheated. She lied. She didn't honor the committment. She was in love with the idea of being married, not in love with me.

• it is very stupid to get married at 18 or 19 , i think i would like to marry at 24

• Well it depends on the time and place or the culture.
    My great grandmother got married at 9 years of age.
    My grandmother got married at 16 years of age.
    My mother got married at 22 years of age.

I would consider all of these young.

• 9 years? wth? That was never normal.

Did you mean 19?

• No nine, it was around 70 years ago in India, but she only started living with her husband at 16.

• My mum married at 17 and is still happily married

• 22 and under

What Girls Said 5

• I think 23+ is okay

• I think mid twenties are good. I think under 20 would increase the chances of splitting up since people are still immature for the most part and are trying to figure out who they are and find their place in life.

• Anything under 25 is young to me. Human brains finish developing around that age, you're more likely to be finished/finishing school, more financially stable, lower rates on insurance lmao, etc.

• I meant under 20 is young.

• I'd say 26 and up