Do you really think that there's no harm in gay marriage?

Ill list the ways.
1. It can bring huge financial and emotional stress.

Homosexuals can sue people who are exercising their religious beliefs. For example, a heterosexual married couple with children who do not want to rent a room in their own family household to homosexuals could be sued for discrimination based on "sexual orientation." This can incur significant financial and emotional stress upon the family, not to mention the "prior restraint" effect of the fear of being sued, which results in a family not renting out a room and losing the income. In addition, consider the 2015 Colorado case involving a baker who refused to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple's wedding on religious grounds. The subsequent fine of $135,000, upheld by the Colorado Supreme Court, bankrupted the baker. Was that not harmful? Of course it was, not only to the baker and his family, but to countless others who were denied the baker's services.

2. The health risks are enormous to themselves and others.

The fact is that homosexuals do not live as long as heterosexuals due to the health risks associated with the lifestyle, and billions of dollars are spent annually in health care for them. See Statistics on HIV/AIDS and health related issues
But the HIV/AIDS epidemic is not only in the homosexual community. It has crossed over to the heterosexual community.
Whether or not you want to say that HIV/AIDS is a homosexual disease, the fact is that it is highly prevalent among the gay and lesbian community due to their great number of sex partners. The collateral damage to the rest of society, as far as health risks, cannot be denied.

3. Gay Marriage means having the morals of the minority forced upon the majority.

This can also be said in the reverse. Either way, there is a problem. Normally, morals should not be forced on anyone, though there are exceptions. We force morals on others by preventing them from stealing,

Updates:
2% of U. S. population is gay yet it accounts for 61% of HIV infection: "Men who have sex with men [MSM] remain the group most heavily affected by new HIV infections. While the CDC estimates that MSM represent only 2 percent of the U. S. population, they accounted for the majority (61 percent; 29,300) of all new HIV infections in 2009. Young MSM (ages 13 to 29) were most severely affected, representing more than one quarter of all new HIV infections nationally (27 percent; 12,900 in 2009)."
(Center for Disease Control, cdc. gov/nchhstp/newsroom/HIVIncidencePressRelease. html)
"A recent CDC study found that in 2008 one in five (19%) MSM in 21 major US cities were infected with HIV, and nearly half (44%) were unaware of their infection." (http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/msm/index.htm)
25% of HIV infected in U. K. unaware of their infection: "Of the estimated 86,500 people living with HIV in the United Kingdom, about 25 percent are not aware they are infected.

0|1
4|9

Most Helpful Girl

• The state shouldn't be marrying people, period.

0|2
    0|0
    • Thats a good solution. But people are greedy.
      I dont think that will ever fly.

• Show All
    • just because the state doesn't treat it as a relgious thing now does not mean its not going to be forced down the thoats to force churches to marry them.
      Its already in the works.

What Girls Said 3

• Well homosexuals are more likely to suffer from aids. Somebody told me 80% of aids victims are gay.

1|0
    1|0
    • Thats a lie, The VAST majority of Aids victims are people in the poorer regions of Africa who have had it passed down genetically, The percentages for gays having Aids are basically identical to that of straight people.

• Show All
    • Sex of women with women at greater health risk than women with men: "For women, a history of sex with women may be a marker for increased risk of adverse sexual, reproductive, and general health outcomes compared with women who reported sex exclusively with men." (American Journal of Public Health, ajph. aphapublications. org/cgi/content/abstract/97/6/1126)

• there's a crap load more where this came from, so you dont need that one to pwn them.

• oh it is TONS of troubles... the US does not know what it got itself into... give it a few years...

0|0
    0|0
  • "
    Homosexuals can sue people who are exercising their religious beliefs. For example, a heterosexual married couple with children who do not want to rent a room in their own family household to homosexuals could be sued for discrimination based on "sexual orientation." "

As it should be, believe whatever you want to but when you start ramming your morals on me there is a problem. If they are that homophobic the thought of 2 women or 2 men in bed together freaks them out they are in the wrong business.

There is no good reason to be opposed to gay marriage. If you're gay then it's good we finally have equality. if you aren't how does it affect you even a tiny bit?

Bigotry is nothing to be proud of!

0|0
    0|0
    • 1. We legislate morals all the time. "thou shall not steal" ring any bells? Why dont you complain about the law ramming its morals down your throat? The question isn't about should you force morals, it should be what is the right course of action, what SHOULD be legislated and what shouldn't be.

2. There are tons of good reasons to oppose gay marriage.
      A: the objective decline of a society due to the sanctioning of anti biblical behavior. How would you feel if we made it legal to steal? - we kind of areadly do that, its called taxes.
      B. The persecution of religions. Pretty soon there will be a violation of the first amendment when churches are FORCED to marry gay couples. This act is supposed to join two people in according to gods will. This is a clear violation of biblical text. AKA not gods will.

C: Is it bigtry to condemn the act of a man lying with another man but still love the men as it is taught in the bible?
      It must be since people are being put in jail for this belief.

• Show All
    • 1. i didn't say it was YOUR views i was responding to the people who bubbletrouble was talking about. You clearly admitted they dont represent you.
      Again, STRAWMAN.

2. SO then two wrongs make a right? Its ok to have hate and bigotry as long as you didn't start it?
      Its not a strawman this is a question.

""Im absolutely positive i would feel the same way if i was a murdering rapist. I wouldn't like christians or the bible too much either. ""
      THIS Is NOT a strawman you idiot. I have not misrepresented your position. Its simply a matter of stating MY opinion. NOT YOURS. If i was a murdering rapist i wouldn't like Christians or the bible. This is a personal view.

In order for it to qualify as a strawman it has to misrepresent YOUR opinion you dummy.
      LOL!
      Learn logic.

• we don't want you marrying in our churches. You are not second class citizens in that regard at all. Christianity does not accept homosexuality. Freedom of religion protects that. Stop suing bakers and photographers just because they don't want to be apart of a gay "wedding".

What Guys Said 9

• This is the most fucking stupid thing i have ever read.

Your first point, Is just a situation you have twisted and blown completely out of proportion, And this is one situation... ONE... You're going to judge hundreds and hundreds of millions based on a SINGLE situation?

Enourmous health risks? You are just as likely to get an STD if you're straight as if you're gay, Stop telling complete fucking bulshit. ''HIV/AIDS is a homosexual disease'', You realise the vast majority of HIV/AIDS victims are in Africa and have it passed down genetically? It is not a 'gay disease', dont be so stupid...

And your last point, Im going to put this bluntly.
    Your old. You grew up in a completely different generation where people were arrogant pricks and completely intolerant of others. This is a different generation, Everyone is just as welcomed as one another, I realise 'back in your day', Gay kids would get beaten up and shit, But today, they are just people like everyone else, and thats good.
    So go take your arrogant homophobic bulshit somewhere else, The modern world dosen't want anything to do with your stupid opinion...

0|1
    0|0
    • This is the most uneducated logic raping bullshit i have ever read.

1. You are going to assume im just using ONE statistic to back up my arguments? FAIL. I only have so much room to post information retard.

2. I dont need aids to show being gay is less healthy than straight.
      Sex of women with women at greater health risk than women with men: "For women, a history of sex with women may be a marker for increased risk of adverse sexual, reproductive, and general health outcomes compared with women who reported sex exclusively with men." (American Journal of Public Health, ajph. aphapublications. org/cgi/content/abstract/97/6/1126)

Domestic Violence higher among homosexuals: "'the incidence of domestic violence among gay men is nearly double that in the heterosexual population.' Gwat Yong Lie and Sabrina Gentlewarrier, "Intimate Violence in Lesbian Relationships: Discussion of Survey Findings and Practice Implications," Journal of Social Service Research 15 (1991): 41–59."

• Show All
    • Sex of women with women at greater health risk than women with men: "For women, a history of sex with women may be a marker for increased risk of adverse sexual, reproductive, and general health outcomes compared with women who reported sex exclusively with men." (American Journal of Public Health, ajph. aphapublications. org/cgi/content/abstract/97/6/1126)

• And to your last point, im going to put this bluntly.
      My age has nothing to do with the veracity of my claims you logic rapist.

"The genetic fallacy, also known as fallacy of origins, fallacy of virtue, is a fallacy of irrelevance where a conclusion is suggested based solely on something or someone's origin rather than its current meaning or context."

Or i can do the same thing.
      you're YOUNG. You grow up in a completely different generation, where people like you are ignorant little uneducated twats who rely on feelings rather than reality.

Go take your logic raping stupidity somewhere else and take a trip to reality sometime.
      Its nice over here.

• "Homosexuals can sue people who are exercising their religious beliefs." And by exercising you mean being bigoted douches?

"The health risks are enormous to themselves and others." So what do you propose that homosexual people do instead of sex? They're still human and they will still want to have sex.

"Gay Marriage means having the morals of the minority forced upon the majority." Back in Rome, Christianity used to be the majority. And as Rome accepted Christianity, they began enforcing it on the rest of the Empire, essentially doing what you're complaining about now. Just because a lot of people believe that something is ok, doesn't make it so. Go back 70 years and telling women to stay in the kitchen and not go out was considered normal and not a form of abuse by society. Or go to the Middle East now and you'll see what the majority deems moral.

1|0
    0|0
    • I meant that Christianity used to be the *minority

• Show All
    • First of all, cool of you neckroing a 2 month old thread. Second, the Bible is not the source of all knoweledge and wisdom. Whether something is or is not condoned in that book is irrelevant and it changes nothing. My argument, whatever it was, still stands.

• First of all, i apologize for having a life, and recognizing that there does not exist a statute of limitations of an argument. Second, strawman, i did not say it was. Third, yes it changes everything IF the bible is true and god does exist it DOES harm them, just like smoking. Fourth, anal sex (which gay men do more than straight men) spreads aids more than vaginal sex does and has been PROVEN to be more harmful to them than vaginal sex. Fifth. Your argument FAILS.

• 1. "It can bring huge financial and emotional stress."

So can heterosexual marriage. It doesn't have anything to do with homosexuals marrying, it has to do with people being married in the first place.

2. "The health risks are enormous to themselves and others."

The risks are the same as with heterosexual people. Just practice safe sex, and you'll be fine. Your sexual orientation is completely irrelevant to the risk of getting HIV, or AIDS.

3. "Gay Marriage means having the morals of the minority forced upon the majority."

It's not morals, it's a right, but let's say for a moment that the morals are being forced upon the majority... So what? That doesn't mean the moral is good, or bad. You've just said that there are morals forced upon people that are allowed, most likely because it's beneficial for everyone. Allowing same sex couples to get married would benefit people as a whole because it gives everyone the ability to marry whoever they choose.

Most of your arguments actually go against heterosexual marriage too, (which I don't think you intended) so you're actually making a case against yourself here. These reasons don't really make any sense.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1. You are taking the argument out of context. The point was to show that gay marriage is WORSE than straight marriage, and the context in which you quoted was to show that simply opposing gay marriage causes problems. Not JUST the act itself.
      2. No its not. There are a shitload of studies that PROVE gay unions are by FAR less health that straight unions.
      3. The reason why something is immoral is not just because "god said so" Or it said so in the bible. The only way something is truly immoral is because of the objective negative effect it has on the world. And its objectively negative to be gay. Darwin said this, and science demonstrates this.

• How are they forcing their morals? There is no morality is what gender you're attracted to. So many countries have had it for a decade+ and NOTHING has changed in them because it doesn't affect the fabric that the society is actually built on. I wish you religious people would let go of hating in your hearts because it doesn't agree with your vision of how everyone should live. Your responsibility is to yourself, live a good and happy life and let them live theirs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Gays are going to have relationships. Why does getting married make that any worse?

0|0
    0|0
    • They can get married all they want. Its having the legal system put religious people in prison if they dont marry them in churches OR simply get put in prison because they said they are against it.
      THATS what makes it worse.

• Show All
    • As I said in the other threads, I won the argument here as well since you blocked me. Pathetic. Goes to show that biggots can't defend their shitty ideals without silencing the opposition.

Sry AngryHorny for butting in here.

• I agree and that's just scratching the surface of the problems

0|0
    0|0
  • Married people don't usually get aids cuz they're not out fucking 10 people a night. So wouldn't the absence of promiscuity in a gay marriage reduce or eliminate the chances of getting aids?

And Nobody is forcing YOU to do anything so your 3rd point is just ridiculous.

0|0
    0|0
    • Holy shit people like you are stupid.
      www.aidsmap.com/.../
      NOPE.
      If you belong to a church and you dont marry gays, a church is being forced to do something that it doesn't want to.
      Your argument is destroyed. Have a nice day.

• Show All
    • "And it would only be relevant if they have hiv to begin " NO you idiot.
      Read the actual evidence fucktard. "Twelve studies provided estimates of the transmission risk during the whole time in which a person with HIV is in a relationship with an HIV-negative person. "

• 2% of U. S. population is gay yet it accounts for 61% of HIV infection: "Men who have sex with men [MSM] remain the group most heavily affected by new HIV infections. While the CDC estimates that MSM represent only 2 percent of the U. S. population, they accounted for the majority (61 percent; 29,300) of all new HIV infections in 2009. Young MSM (ages 13 to 29) were most severely affected, representing more than one quarter of all new HIV infections nationally (27 percent; 12,900 in 2009)." (Center for Disease Control, cdc. gov/nchhstp/newsroom/HIVIncidencePressRelease. html)
      "A recent CDC study found that in 2008 one in five (19%) MSM in 21 major US cities were infected with HIV, and nearly half (44%) were unaware of their infection." (http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/msm/index.htm)
      25% of HIV infected in U. K. unaware of their infection: "Of the estimated 86,500 people living with HIV in the United Kingdom, about 25 percent are not aware they are infected.
      You are Fucking PWNED.

• I see all these words but all I'm reading is "blah blarg word vomit blarg blah blah bleh" The Internet is now just a little bigger and a little more useless than it was before this.

0|0
    0|0
    • I would expect nothing more than that from someone who was illiterate.

• All of these arguments are crap.

#1 — Part of this is true, since some people will take advantage of the situation, but you can't generalise a whole sexuality. And just not giving them rights is a very flawed solution to a problem with a few people that can't really be solved.
    #2 — This is bullshit. HIV is not directly related to homosexuality. Heterosexuals who have a lot of unprotected sex have just as big a chance to spread HIV. Also, how is marriage going to result in more sexual intercourse between homosexuals?
    #3 — So what morals are forced upon whom here? Does there being a minority mean that it has to be oppressed because it's not the majority? If this is "but my fairytale almighty creature said gay people can't marry" stuff again then get the fuck out, the world doesn't have to comply with what book you believe in.

1|0
    1|1
    • You can't even make an argument without raping logic all over the place. Namely straw men.
      In every one of these "refutations" its building up a straw man and then attacking it.

PATHETIC.