When people write "don't bring children" on wedding invitations, is it just small children or is it all –18?

Because I'm 14 and I'd be really offended it someone didn't want me in their wedding fearing I'll break down crying or scream at people.

Most Helpful Guy

• Is that allowed? Like in terms of social acceptance? I've always said, "if I get married, no kids allowed, I don't care if people get mad." People get so offended when their children aren't welcome somewhere and I think that's crazy. Under a certain age, children can't be trusted to comport themselves appropriately, and no sound ruins an event like a crying baby or toddler. In fact, I'm pretty sure almost every wedding I've been to has been interrupted by a crying baby, like right during the ceremony. Parents never like to hear this, but until your child is old enough to shut up on command, you really should avoid bringing them to things like this. That said, by 14, I'm pretty sure a kid is capable of handling themselves just fine. The only worry is if there's more than one, then they can get overexcited and mischievous and get loud. Honestly, I'd prefer everyone at my wedding be 18-50, I'd want to be able to play uncensored music at the reception without offending grandma, haha. Actually, maybe that would be my solution: make it an "adult themed" wedding! Nudity, filthy music... make it innapropriate for lame people to be there, hahaha. But seriously, in your case, I'd think it would be ok.

• Give this man #MHO now!!! LOLOLOLOLOL

• ... leagues. You start out in Single-A ball, you're probably in Double-A now, your late teens and early 20s are like Triple-A where you do the honing for full independence, and then you're out there in the major leagues, and it's just a matter of how good of a pro you'll become. But I say all that to say, "I hear ya." We all go through being a kid in what you correctly called an adult-centric world. It sucks sometimes, that's all there is to it. Four short years from now you'll be taken more seriously, and in seven years you'll start wishing your age would go backwards, haha. Just weather the storm, you'll get there, and it gets progressively better even before then👍

• prime rib and burgers LOLOLOL

What Guys Said 9

• I think it just means small children... but it could also mean they just want an adult themed party, with those able to drink and such.

• You're an adult at 18, but you still can't drink. How R rated can a wedding get?

• And I am not saying it is a problem to you, but it will likely be a problem being drunk in front of you to them...

I don't know, all I know is that weddings can often be adult/ parent get always from kids of any age (unless you can drink), not sure how else to explain it to you, other than it is no offence to not be invited due to age, tbh they can be very boring with out alcohol!

• In my culture, there's no ''oh they're kids lets withold stuff from them so they're safe''. My own biological mom entered a New Year drunk AF. So, it's no problem for them either. At least my family.

• You'd have to check with them. Most will mean small children that may cry and cause problems spoiling the day, however, it may be to do with the venue not allowing underage people in if its a pub or somewhere that serves alcohol.

• Usually just small children, like those that aren't teens. However, it could mean 21+ if they want everyone to drink.

• I think it means small ones, who can sleep, pee and even cry everywhere, so they can disturb the party i think that is why they are nor allowed

• Good question, I'm thinking could be 12 and under but since weddings have alcohol most of the times could mean 18 and and older, you may want to find out for that one from them

• You don't have to drink the alcohol.

• Why I'm not at 14? What do you think I'll do, jump like a monkey? Handling a situation where there is alcohol is not a thing, that's something people who demonize alcohol say. I know what I need to know about it.

• I don't make the rules , you'll just have to find out for sure by the people who having the occasion, it's really up to them

• This might be a grown up event, i mean how would you react if u were partying n saw someone half ur age walking across the floor

• This doesn't make sense. That half age gets bigger as you get older

• Oh, so you think I don't know about adult responsibilities because I don't have them.

• Ok, well maybe you'll feel different when your 20

• just ask them

• It's my first time to hear something like that. And i find this too stupid...
    Well children just can make others happy. The life is beautiful with children. By making children happy, others can become happy too.

• Did they really say you'd scream at people? That's a bit rude. Even then it's their wedding not yours. They could invite whoever they wanted

What Girls Said 6

• If your Name wasn't on the Invite and just mom and dad's, I would assume "Don't bring children" means Only Adults Are... Invited here, dear.
    However, if the invitation states on the Outside of the Envelope "Mr. and Mrs._and Family," then everyone's Plate has been Paid and No questions about it.
    When mom goes to do the RSVP, she can ask for the sake of asking. However, it sounds like an Adult gathering where no one Under '18' are Allowed.
    Good luck. xx

• Why do all the adults on here got the nerve to call me ''dear''...

• lol... I do it with Everyone.. It rhymes with "Here"... Not just meant for you. However, I would have called you by your name if you had put it down.:)) xx

• If they don't specify ages then I would assume they are only talking about small children, probably under 10.

• Usually it's for younger children. Any concerns talk to the person who sent the invites so you have a more clear idea

• I call those people 'Assholes'.

I don't like people who don't like children, I am suspicious of them...

It generally means humans that are the age to play and have fun and who don't understand the vast importance of quiet when some drunk man is making cliche jokes and boring kiss ass toasts.

#adultshitisboring

• I think they mean just the small children because it's usually the small children that run around, make a mess, and we're worried about them getting lost somewhere. So, that could be the reason why sometimes children aren't allowed at weddings. The little ones only ;)

• i think you should better ask that person about it