Arranged marriage or love marriage? Do you disagree with either or neutral about it?

I saw someone mentioning a comment about respecting others' choice but when a similar question like this was asked, he kind of bashed T

Most Helpful Guy

• Neutral sometimes I think arranged marriages are fine
    Sometimes if one of the people loves someone else though they shouldn't marry, how can you marry if you love someone else

Love marriages are complicated nowadays
    People don't understand what love is
    And commit to someone who they do t truly care about

What Guys Said 1

• I think arranged marriage has a better chance of survival. Arranged marriage is usually arranged between people who are thougth to be compatible. Since outside people are better at evaluating someone objecitvely, it is healthier. On the other hand, you would never be able to see the problems and the compatibility issues you have with the person you're in love with. At the end, marriage is not about love, it's about commitment and compatibility.

• I really like the last sentence. I have noticed to be true.

• It's about all those things. One can't exist without the other in a truly successful marriage.

What Girls Said 8

• Personally mine was a love marriage.. But I also fully respect all other cultures and beliefs.. So I say.. Live And Let Live.

• I disagree if the individual isn't happy in either of them. I don't think arranged marriages work that well unless if both individuals believe in it.

But I would be in love marriage definitely.

• Aren't the success rates kind of equal? So long as everyone is of the age of majority and not forced/pressured into it, it's fine.

• love marriage of course... arranged ones always seemed too... fake... that's just my opinion

• Love marriage but there are quite a lot of successful arranged marriage too. One lady I know, she only saw her husband-to-be on the day of their wedding (crazy i know) she told me, she didn't like him at all and she can't do anything about it but after years of being together she learned to love him.

• That is a strict arrange marriage , :p I am glad she is fine now.

• A love marriage for me! 😍😍😍

• It really depends on the people.

People who are unhappy about an arranged marriage will probably be unhappy with life/spouse but someone who's okay with the arrangement might make it work better.

And as far as "marriage for love" people fall in and out of love all the time, so it's hard to say what will work and won't work.

That's why i say, it depends on the people.
    So i have a neutral stance. To each their own!

• I agree with love marriage, but prefer not to bash any other cultures and their traditions