How can I tell if my husbands brother is just being a typical guy and teasing me or if he doesn't actually like me?

I've been married for a few months and with my husband for just over a year and half altogether. It was quite quick but we were really good friends for 2 years before we started dating. Anyway he gets on with my family and I get on with his, their always nice to me except his brother. He has 2 brother 1 of them I get along with well and the other well I can't work him out. I dont know if he's just teasing me (that's the kind of sense of humor my husband has) and doesn't realize he's coming off as if he doesn't like me or whether he genuinely doesn't like me. he often makes comments and remarks about the stupidest of things, such as they were talking about a night out they all had planned when we were at his moms for dinner, his brother then said if she lets you out. And another time i can't remember what was being discussed by my hubsband gave his opinion and his brother said oo didn't realize she let you have you own opinion and laughed. His mom pulled me aside and told me to just ignore him he has a weird sense of humor but was she just being nice. I might be paranoid but its things like that all the time but he always laughs after.

I am an only child so obviously never experienced sibling banter. Their always joking about with each other I guess its just weird that he does it to me too

Most Helpful Guy

• If that is the kind of banter he does with his family, then be honored he is including you just like his family.

What Guys Said 3

• You're being paranoid. He's just teasing his brother.

• Don't take it seriously its just a teasing

• Yeah I crossed that line... don't

What Girls Said 2

• He is doing it on purpose. He is worried that you are a bad wife and is trying to make sure you don't control him or mistreat him. this night have nothing to do with you as well. Maybe he had an ex who treated him poorly and he is reflecting his fears onto you since you are his current partner.

• You can ask your husband.
    If he is joking, then yeah to tease his bro. His bro/ your husband might be okay with it though.