Girls, Girls who want kids: would you marry someone who doesn't want kids?

Girls who want kids: would you marry someone who doesn't want kids?

• Yes
    12% (6)
  • No
    64% (32)
  • I don't want kids
    24% (12)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

17

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately no. I want kids too much. I just love babies and I couldn't wait to be a mom ever since I was a teenager (But I didn't lol, because I'm smart enough to wait until I'm ready). All of my friends say they totally see me being a soccer mom, haha.

But there are girls out there who don't want children, so keep your chin up! Two of my female friends don't want to have their own children, although one of them says she wants to foster kids and the other says she's thinking about adopting.

What Girls Said 16

• In the most honest way possible, your question doesn't make much sense. To have or not to have kids are a pretty big ticket item on the, "will I marry him or her" agenda, and if, as most people are who want kids, you are passionate about that, firm in that belief, then the answer is an obvious no. I think it would only really be people who were not really sure or not if they wanted kids who would possibly say yes to someone who didn't want kids at all or they thought, 'oh I can change him/her with time.'

• No, I wouldn't. I think that kids are such a huge, important aspect of your life that if you want them, you shouldn't be prepared to settle for less. If I met a guy who didn't want to/couldn't have his own kids naturally but would be fine with adopting children, then I'd be fine with that, but I know for sure that I at least want to adopt a child. I couldn't spend my life with someone who didn't want that for us too.

• If I really REALLY wanted kids, I wouldn't marry someone who wouldn't want them as much as me... o. O

• You should find a girl who doesn't want kids - we're out there.

• Are you one?

• And if you don't mind me asking, what is your reason for not wanting them?

• They're pretty... like 7+ probably.

I personally am just not cut out to raise children. I have all these ambitions in life and they don't involve children. Some people just aren't meant to be a parent. I want to travel and work full time and stay physically fit and excel in my career and I just don't want them. I'll be an awesome aunt but not a mother. I don't have any of those parental "dreams" like holding a baby for the first time or being the mother of the bride or watching your son's team win or having the grandchildren over for the day... I don't want that. Like, at all. I'll be perfectly content with myself, my husband, and maybe a fuzzy four legged "child."

• I don't know. I'd like to say nope, but you never really know.

• Would you want to marry someone that did want kids? You would always be wondering if they were expecting you to change your mind.
    I don't want kids and I finished a relationship due to the fact I knew he wanted kids and that's not something I could provide in the relationship knowing my own wants/needs.

• No. That would counterproductive. The chances of him changing his mind are slim to none. And if he does give in just for me there's a chance I'll feel like a single parent because he won't want to dive in to help. Either way it would end in divorce.

• I don't want and I know that I can't be a mother, so I would definitely marry someone who doesn't want kids.

• I wouldn't even date a person who doesn't want kids

• Yes, if it was my true love. Sure, than I would.

• I don't think so...

• If you'd get further in the relationship, it will become an issue right? If one wants kids and the other doesn't it becomes inevitable.

• Yes! Where is this guy?

• I don't know. I rather marry one who doesn't want any. I want a family in near future

• I always wanted at least one, but honestly if I marry a guy and love him/he loves me, I would be okay with that (if he didn't want any children). As I get older, I am moving away from wanting to have kids.

• deal breaker.