Girls, to those who want to get married, How would you feel if you learned the ring your man got you only cost him $100 or less?

This question is to girls who want to get married or are married even, how would you feel if your guy bought you a ring that only cost him $100 or less?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be okay with it and even happy that it didn't cost too much. Diamonds are so boring. Get me a nice pearl or opal set any day. It's not like you can't get a new ring after 5 or 10 years. It actually sounds kind of cute to get a different ring every so many years. People and remarriage a change. Why not change the ring with them?

What Girls Said 19

• As long as it's pretty and it's not going to break sometime soon, then who cares?

• Some women think that if a man spends a lot of money on the ring for them it means they really care for them...

• I'd say that in a way it shows dedication. Putting a large amount of money into something always shows that you're dedicated to looking after it and making it work. However, this is just a ring. There's really no need to have a ring you need to chop off a limb or sell a kidney to pay for, just buy something that she likes and that's reasonably good quality.

• That'd be fine. Engagement rings are temporary compared to the actual wedding band, so it'd be silly to spend a ton on it.

• I don't even have a wedding ring. I'd rather have none than one I don't love.

• It would not matter to me. I would be okay since I don't like splurging so much on things like that.

I just hope he won't be too strict with money.

• What's your opinion of 'too strict'?

• For example, if I spend $30 on an item that I liked but was not that needed, he would keep reminding me of it.

You know, not ever wanting to spend money or let me spend money unless there is absolute need.

• If I liked the ring and loved the man, I really wouldn't care...

• My husband proposed without any ring at all. And I couldn't wait to say yes.

• That's cool and pretty progressive. I reckon you did get rings later on?

• We both got wedding bands, but I never wore an engagement ring.

• I dont even want a ring lol.

• He's wanting to marry me, a ring is just a symbol so no it wouldn't matter if he spent that or less!

• He could get me a plastic ring for all I care. all I need from the guy is honesty, loyalty and love and that is exactly what he'll get back

• Just fine?
    I mean why spend thousands just for a fucking ring ;D
    I'd rather spend the money for a house or other important things

• Good. Why waste money on a ring that can be put towards a home?

• Cuz I'd want a guy who is more than willing to buy me a beautiful ring and not be cheap, for me buying a cheap engagement ring sends the wrong message and bad energy in my opinion.

• @love2run13 If the rings looks pretty does it really matter it didn't cost him a few grand?

• Yes it does. Cuz a $100.00 dollar engagement ring from a guy making like 60,000 a year = the girl is only worth the cost of an ipod lol WOW

• Sentiments matter not the cost !
    Everything is not money

• Depends on how much money he earns at his job. Obviously if this is all he could afford it would be fine but if he's making clearly enough money to be able to buy me a nicer one, he better not be cheap on me lol

• why does it matter to you how much money he spends on a ring for you?

• Would you be willing to spend just as much money on him in return?

• Yes, happily ^_^ assuming that we both make around the same amount of money. I tend to go for guys who make around what I make which is average income. If he made twice as much as I did I obviously wouldn't be able to spend that much, and if he made less than I, I would spend more on him.

• Honestly, I wouldn't care, so long as he didn't lie and pretend it was expensive.

For me, it's the symbol that matters. I don't need, or even want, expensive jewellery.

• As long as he doesn't mind me not wearing it.

• I wouldn't care

• $100 = "you're only worth the price of a steak dinner."

• EXACTLY!!! Wrong message to send...

• What if he didn't get a ring at all because he doesn't believe in rings?

• ... How can someone not believe in rings? They exist! They're the global symbol of marriage.

But okay, IF my guy didn't believe in rings, I'd probably wear the flashy cubic zirconia ring I have that looks like an engagement ring. Might sound dumb or desperate, but to me it wouldn't be because I DO believe in wearing rings to signal to others that we're getting married/married.

• I do not like being bought presents... Even a ring that much is too much for me lol I would hope he would get me a plastic one from those vending machines or something lol

• That's what my wedding set cost my husband and I'm fine with it he couldn't afford anything more than that an he picked it out just for me and I love it so that's all that matters

• Also I have an allergies to real gold so it had to be silver anyway

What Guys Said 5

• Is that because it's a CZ lousy ring, it's all he could afford, maybe he got a good deal and somebody essentially gave him a ring. Does he have money and is cheap? Doesn't want to spend any money on you? We need a few more facts to understand this situation.

• he just doesn't see the need to get a super expensive ring

• Do you want a super-expensive ring? Does he know that? Can he afford it? Do you have other things that are higher priorities for the money?

I bought my girlfriend a $5,000 engagement ring with a very nice 1 1/2 carat diamond. We were married for 4 years and then divorce. That fancy ring didn't help us very much.

Focus on the things that are important.

• This is a hypothetical situation

• I want to get her the One Ring... the Ring of Power!!!

• I can't speak for women, but I'd love to have a super inexpensive, plain wedding ring (actually, the truth is that I'd really love to get away with wearing no ring at all, but yeah, what woman's gonna allow that? LOL).

• Since when is the value of a marriage determined by the price of the ring?
    The groom offering jewelry to the bride is an old Arab custom: she can keep or sell it after a divorce.
    Is that being introduced in the USA now?

• I wouldn't even want to get rings if I got married.

• Why? :( sounds cheap to me...

• I just don't see the point to it. I'm not a fan of traditional stuff. I don't see how exchanging an expensive object to each other has any point with love. I'd rather have the both of us get a tattoo ring together instead.