SURVEY - Marriage?

Marriage is a patriarchal arrangement in which the woman is supposed to have no choice and is to serve whoever becomes her master like she is serving a god. Women's liberation in the past 50-100 years has eroded this, and as equal marriages utterly fail, marriage itself is on the decline.

The feminist replacement of marriage, relationships, fail pretty badly too. Today, marriage is the pathway of unhappiness and a means to slavery to our inferiors.

• I'm DONE with free and equal women. It's much better being alone!!
  • I'm looking to have SEVERAL long-term relationships or live-ins in life
  • I'm looking to have A FEW long-term relationships or live-ins in life
  • I'm still going to get married someday!! *nostalgia*
Need more votes!
So only 30% of men will get married? Neat.

Most Helpful Girl

• *Yawn*

Feminism is not destroying marriage. Peoples' expectations about what they will get out of and put into a marriage have changed and some people have not kept up with or do not accept those changes.

It should probably also be noted, that divorce rates are actually declining these days: www.nytimes.com/.../...-but-the-myth-lives-on.html

"About 70 percent of marriages that began in the 1990s reached their 15th anniversary (excluding those in which a spouse died), up from about 65 percent of those that began in the 1970s and 1980s. Those who married in the 2000s are so far divorcing at even lower rates. If current trends continue, nearly two-thirds of marriages will never involve a divorce, according to data from Justin Wolfers, a University of Michigan economist (who also contributes to The Upshot)."

The fact that people are marrying later, when they are more financially and emotionally stable, is what most experts think is causing the decline in the divorce rate. If it weren't for feminism making it possible for women to succeed on their own financially, and not have to depend on getting a husband at a young age, this would not be the case.

SOooo... it's actually probably more accurate to say that feminism has led to a reduction in divorce rates and martial unhappiness :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Fuck marriage and relationships.

What Girls Said 9

• I'm still going to get married. It's not going to be a patriarchal arrangement and I'm definitely not going to serve him, so I don't see an issue.

• Women aren't supposed to serve men. If you believe that you're basically saying we're alive for men? We give fucking birth if we're that unimportant than say goodbye to human existence!
    Relationships are about LOVE, oh but its ok, that word is like a foreign language for you.
    When I plan to marry a guy, its bc he's a sweet, loyal, humorous, adventurous person and I want to spend time with him and have kids with him. NOT to serve him.
    Maybe that patriarchal arrangement was a thing, but it was when there were like 50% more shit-brains in the world.
    I'm glad that our society has grown and that equal rights are becoming a thing, now our society just has to grow more by successfully inventing time machines! Then we can go back in time, hand your parents a condom and boom! The world is a happier place :)

• I think its important to get married if you have children, but other than that everyone is entitled to their opinion, the divorce rate being higher is more to do with the new age liberty of living life to its fullest and having as many sexual partners as possible, like leasing a car or upgrading a new phone, people just get bored.

• You sound fairly misogynistic. You're blaming failing relationship on women's liberation and equal rights? Marriage is about love of two people, not serving a man. You'll not fine a sane, intelligent woman who will serve you and bow down to your every command so you need to change your attitude.

• I rather like the idea of marriage, still. Pledging your life to someone? That's a nice thought.

• I would like to have children later on and be with somebody who can offer me happiness and companionship through life so I prefer to get married but I am very selective about who I consider as a dating partner.

• Are you kidding? Equal marriages exist as long as the two partners regard each other as equal. Plus you forgot to factor in gay marriage. For shame! =P

• I'm still getting married regardless, me and my future husband will satisfy and work with each other equally

• I'll probably get downvoted for sharing my opinion. But I like the traditional ways. I actually enjoy cooking and cleaning. I'm very indecisive about things and would rather have my future husband make most of those decisions but at least listen and compromise to what I have to say if I strongly disagree with something. I'm pretty submissive already so I wouldn't have much of a problem having him maintain control in our marriage.

• The problem is, you will have a voice... oh and you will choose your husband.

• Yeah it is? Unless you have an arranged marriage. But I'm the one who gets to say yes or no when he proposes, so yeah I get a say on who I get to marry.

• LOL some feminist mod deleted my comment because the truth is TOO OFFENSIVE for her XD

What Guys Said 8

• You just asked this question, first of all.

Second, I'd love to marry a women who wants to marry me, not because her family said so. That makes for an unhappy woman and an unhappy life. If your lady is happy, then you did a good job. If you only concerned about your happiness in the "marriage", dont bitch when she seems to hate you.

• I am no fan of marriage - I prefer an equal partnership

• ohh that sounds like the right thing to say in a feminist society. Equal partnerships are set up to fail... marriages are expected to be equal these days, just look at where they are going since women got the right to divorce. lol

• I don't get the point you're trying to make, but I feel that marriage is just a signed paper. It doesn't really mean anything.

• I'm not going to get married. Marriage serves no purpose to me. But that doesn't mean I want to live alone for the rest of my life. Also, relationships are not the feminist replacement of marriage.

• "A woman should either be a wife or a whore. There is no freedom given to women. First they are in the custody of their father, then their husband and their adult son. They use their father's identity, then DROP IT to take on their man's last name. They have NO IDENTITY OF THEIR OWN."

This is bullshit. A woman is an independent human being just like a man. Not all women take their husband's name (which I personally think is a terrible thing to do) and men also have their father (or mother)'s last name, so that argument is garbage. They do have an identity of their own. Do you have an identity of your own? I assume you do. Then any woman does too.

And according to abrahamic laws? Why would we base our lives on some drunk dude who wrote a book with his friends?

• im on the fence about marriage

• I've been single, married and divorced. I've been divorced for many years and will remain that way for life. I didn't know how good I had it being single until I went through a marriage and divorce. Now, I don't even date. Totally disinterested in intimate relationships now - which is a great relief. Life is so much easier when you're single. The grass was not greener being married - that's for sure. I'd much rather "die alone" than ever get married again. You could very easily die alone even if you do get married - or pray for an early death.

• Oh you guys!

Honestly, I do feel kind of sorry for you. Admittedly a marriage which is a true partnership of equals, two people becoming a unit is difficult and not everyone can achieve it, when it works it is sooo much better than this old patriarchal model. It's the difference between having a true friend and owning a dog.

• Emotions aside, you are unaware of the FACTS

• It can't fail? That's like saying a rock is a better way to open a tin of peaches than a can opener. Sure it can't fail to get the can open but it's a lot less appetizing when you do.
      Time will tell me if I'm right but you will never know if you were wrong. Personally I think it's better to try for something sublime and risk failure than accept something mundane.

• Many a man will espouse the joys of marriage only to one day find himself posting things on a divorce support blog like, "I didn't see it coming. I want to die. I'll never retire now. She slept with her boss our neighbor my X best friend our pastor. She said she hasn't loved me for many years. She wants to find herself. She's starting a new chapter of her life without me in it."

I love my dog far more than my X wife. When my dog dies, I'll cry like a baby for months and possibly years. When my X wife dies, I'll feel nothing but relief that she's gone for good.

• feminism is a teaching of selfishness

the practice of marriage is a practice of selflessness it's not that the woman is a slave it's that she cares more about her family and husband than herself

• @Asker

I certainly did not get married to "leech off" my husband or enslave him using "feminist laws"... we got married because we knew from the second we met that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. And yes, I do care more about my husband than myself, and I will care more about our future children than I care about myself. Is it that hard to believe that there are women out there who get married because of true love?

• dude you say true things you just make them seem bad because your opinionated facts

try not to be a dick and i guarantee you even women would agree

• Only society needs to be saved. The unthinkable has happened and it's only going to get worse if we don't restore the pure, patriarchal order to this world.

Also, you shouldn't give a shit about whether women agree or not. They are not to be given any choice and are forbidden to assert themselves.