Marriage for Society or Love?

Have you/ Will you get married for the purpose of fulfilling the one of many things that society had made mandatory of our human race? Or will you/ have you done it because you truly love that person and want to take it to the " next step". Let's be honest here, not everyone is meant for marriage, some people are perfectly fine with being in love without a marriage certificate for the rest of their lives.

Most Helpful Guy

• I do not believe that there is anything about marriage and society that is mandatory. I decide what I want. With a partner, WE decide what WE want. It is all for our benefit, and nobody elses. Marriage is a status that was invented by man to pigeon-hole people. You were single and didn't have sex, or you were married and did.

There is absolutely no reason for a partner and I to get married just to conform to society's attempt to organise us. I am not religious, so there is no moral pressure on us either.

If I do ever marry, it will be because I love my partner and it will be her desire to be married.

What Guys Said 6

• Doing something because society wants me to do it? Most people do that. They surrender their true identity to try and impress people who they don't even like. Then we wonder why we have a nation on anti-antidepressants.

Marriage is pointless to me.

• Thanks for your honesty😊
      I just see so many people getting married and getting a divorce all in the same year. It's a shame.

• I have lots of reasons to avoid marriage but what it really comes down to is the commitment aspect. A lot of peoples brains spaz the fuck out when they hear a guy say he avoid commitment. Its a knee jerk emotional response and when I talk to them logically about it they have nothing to say.

Look at it this way. Would you rather be with someone because they where committed (obligated) to being with you or because they wanted to be with you?

I feel the best relationships are the ones in which each person knows they do not need the other, they know that they would get over the break up and be fine. They stay together because they WANT to.

• I won't be getting married but would be quite happy to settle down and have kids

• Marriage is not mandatory. Nothing is mandatory.

• Marriage is a legal and financial contract. It honestly gives the courts and the government more control over your life and wealth, due to your relationship. Contracts are designed for business reasons, not for true love. If you value your freedom, if you value a limited government that stays out of your love life, and if you value your property that you worked all your life for and you want to keep it, marriage shouldn't be for you.

• Love as equals? LOLNO. Fuck marriage.

• Marriage is a societal evil. It is nothing more than a way to subjugate men and ensure someone is footing the bill for women's excess and immaturity.

• I don't particularly agree with your theory. But thanks for the honesty.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't depend on anybody other than God so I don't know how I could love my husband more than I love any other human being I see on the street unless he was very close to God and religious and then we can talk. Also I want to have kids later on but am not sure yet if I am ready to raise them into adults. Maybe in a little while longer.

• Fuck society not going to do stuff for that.

• I want to get married for a companion and to complete half of my deen. Not for society. :p

• Both to make a long story short

• Alone forever!!! Yay!!!