Will you get MARRIED?

Only 10-30% of married couples are "happy" in their marriage. On top of that half of all marriages end in a disgusting divorce. More so in some european countries.

Ask any old man what the worst decisions in his life were... Marriage will most certainly be one of them.

Modern marriage is all about quarrels. Not only that it's also extremely risky for men (no need to explain).

• No
  • Not sure
  • Yes
Seems like women are still dying to leech off men
keep em votes coming gagers. This is going to be pretty interesting...

Most Helpful Girl

• I've officially been married for a month to my best friend (we dated for 4 1/2 years before getting hitched.) Honestly, all through my 20's I had a hard time wrapping my mind around marriage - it just seemed so serious and permanent, and I was neither of those things (and I'm still not.) I think finding the right person is a big part of it, and honestly if I never found my husband I think I would've been fine with being unmarried for a long time - possibly forever - because I just was never very attracted to the idea of marriage before I met him. You're totally right, many marriages end in divorce, but that doesn't mean that marriage itself is flawed; it moreso reflects the fact that people are still rushing into marriage before they're ready and for the wrong reasons.
    As far as "quarrels" go, yeah, if you're going to spend a lifetime with someone then you're going to have some disagreements. It shouldn't be the end of the world or the end of the marriage. A great indicator of whether or not someone is "right" for you (before you get married) is how you argue/fight/quarrel with each other.

Most Helpful Guy

• I will not do that mistake. Most girls are sluts nowadays. No wife material.

What Girls Said 24

• I am happily married to a man I love, so I don't know what you're talking about. Just because everyone else fail to make it work doesn't mean we are doomed for the same fate. Hard work, mutual respect and putting each other first instead of being selfish can and will make marriage work. Too many people are entitled and self-righteous nowadays, that's why marriages fail.

• I married my BFF last Saturday 7/11/2015, right now we are on our honeymoon in Hawaii for another week, it's so beautiful and romantic. We have both always been of the same thought that we wanted to marry. We both reasoned that it was better to marry the love of our lives early and spend the rest of our lives together; rather than hopping around from one relationship to the next when we'd already found "The One".

• Lets see how long you last...

The earlier you get married, iirc, the more chances you have of divorce. So you have like an 80% chance I assume

• Might be true, we don't see that in our future, both our families have modeled long term marriage relationships from grandparents and parents. First we are both of the opinion that divorce is not an option for either of us. Second we have been inseparable best friends since we were five and six, we've had our differences and spats, yet we've always decided that we were each other's BFF. We never really wanted to date around after our friendship took a turn for the romantic, I loved him as my best friend and I love him as my husband and from our conversations he feels the exact same way.

• Of course you don't.

There's always a first time.

• What makes you think that is completely true? I bet that is 60% young couples who get married before 30, everyone should just get married after 30 if they want to... and believe me i was with my ex for 9 years, and i know feelings change, but what i do know is, so much more what i want now and who i could be compatible with, so while you have a good point i still want to get married in the future.
    Being young is fun but i want to grow old with someone, when my looks fade away i want someone to still look into my eyes and find me beautiful.

• Actually 70% of men under 35 are unmarried.

• you are angry and have a fucked view of women i realized this from your comments below, so i give you an imaginary thumb down as well.

• Yes. I'm excited to make that kind of commitment with my boyfriend.

• I will get married if and only if I find a man that will make an amazing father or an amazing husband. I will tolerate an amazing father and an average husband but I won't tolerate an amazing husband and an average father.

• Well. If you live your life in fear, just because of some (i am not even sure about their accuracy) statistics, then isn't that a rather sad and uneventful life?
    To each their own... However, Id like to get married one day to the person that i wish to share the rest of my life with. It is just the most beautiful celebration of love between two people.

• As I am not a fortune teller (I have a myriad other talents, this is not one of them), I cannot say for certain.

• I hope I'll get married but it won't bother me if I don't.

• Marriage has never been part of my life plan. The whole white picket fence was never my dream. But never say never. You don't know, someone might walk into your life and change everything. Plus I don't wanna say never so I won't jinx myself :D last thing I need is my "Mr. Right" landing right in front of my doorstep. lol

• Yes. Getting married and having a family is one of my life goals. I don't care about statistics or whatever.

• Yes I want to marry someday In'shaa'Allah (If Allah Wills)

• I'm not huge on marriage plus I'm only 19, so it's the last thing im thinking about at this moment. But if the right person comes along then why not. I've seen a lot of shit growing up and it always makes me question marriage but I also know that not every marriage is a fail and what I've seen doesn't necessarily mean it's gonna happen to me but it would take a lot from me before I'd marry someone

• No, I'm not. I don't want to spend money on a wedding and later on a divorce. Plus, for me there's no need to sign a paper and wear a ring to prove that I love someone.

• I will someday and when that happens I'll strive to make it work, be happy and stay happy till me and my future husband grow old. We could never be certain of what the future holds but we could always hope for the best.

• Yes, of course. 😊😊
    I am aware of the reasons for divorces.

• If I find the right guy I will. If I don't I won't. I'd rather be alone than have to settle.

• come back here and read this post if you're 34 and are still single.

• I will take over and keep it running just so you can have a place to vent, love.

• @Nuqood
      Alright, good to hear.

• The older I get, the less likely I'm wanting to get married. We'll see though.

• Nope. I did it once already and I won't do it again. It's not worth it.

• I would like to get married one day.
    But if it doesn't happen, that's ok too.

• I would if I ever fall in love... Haha

• if my boyfriend would ask me, yes.
    We are perfect for eachother anywy and will stay together for life.

• I really hope I do one day :)

• I dream of getting married and having 2-5 children in a two story house XD
    A bit cliché I know, but that is what I've always whanted.

• Honestly? I can't really imagine someone ever looking at me and saying that I'm the favourite person of my sex that they've met and that they want me around all of the time; so no, probably not.

• But you want to?

• Why? You should be able to predict.

• How? No one can predict the future.

What Guys Said 17

• What country has only 10 to 30 per cent of happy marriages? The way I feel right now hek no I am not getting married. Marriage was good once when people put more effort into relationships but now there are so many shitty people out there that many people are not worth marring in the first place.

• http://www. buzzfeed. com/annanorth/divorce-author-i-think-17-of-marriages-are-happ#. nppjdYLp8K

http://www. cbsnews. com/videos/masters-of-love-only-3-in-10-couples-in-happy-marriages/

Half of all marriages end in a divorce so obviously at least 50% are unhappy. Also, it's a well known fact that people stay in unhappy marriages because they're too damn scared to divorce. These people are the majority of married couples.

http://www. huffingtonpost. co. uk/2013/07/10/divorce-unhappy-marriage-secrets-_n_3572696. html

• Earlier, it didn't matter one bit if they accepted your flaws or not. After all, they're not allowed to have any say in anything, let alone think for themselves.

• Yes but what my point is generally people where more accepting back then than nowadays anyway.

• Well, of the 3% of men and women who wait until they are married before having sex, we have statistically reported better satisfaction in marriage, better sex, and an astronomically lesser chance of divorce than the averages you are probably quoting, so my chances are looking pretty good.

• Maybe someday but if I didn't that's fine too. I know I'll be happy and fulfilled regardless of whether or not I'm with someone.

• No I will not get married. Not even common law; I'll kick the bitch out of my house every 2 years. I'll call it Common-Law Day and it's the day she has to pack her shit and move out, not cohabiting with me for a full year before returning.

It'll be like the Ramadan of legal loopholes. I'll 'fast' on the cohabiting, and when the non-continuous year of the 3 year requirement is over, I'll celebrate my own Eid al-fitr with the bitch moving back in.

• lol..

actually in Canada if you stay together for 11 months you will get into another form of slavery called "palimony"

• palimony? damn, ill have to look that one up -_-

• I had a very happy marriage of 13 lovely years with a lovely woman until she died. Life is horrible now.

• Maybe maybe not. I just care more about being with someone special than marriage. Marriage is a lot of money and very time consuming so I might skip it unless I meet someone special that butters me up into it.

That sounded weird...

• I hope I'll turn that dream into a proper, offical reality, mate

• You're Indian I assume? AFAIK most marriages there are arranged by the parents. (90%)

They're not about love and all that bullshit

• Do yourself a favor and go the traditional way if you want to get married. For I tell you truly, an equal and love oriented marriage is set up for failure..

• Why do you seem so sure? Trial and Tribulation?

• im on the fence about it. It would be nice if i found the right woman, but i reckon that's what everybody says before they get married, and yet the divorce rate is still high. So we'll see

• If I can ever find someone, I will. Lol

• I've also talked to many old men that would say that marriage was their greatest decision. It's a risk, but it can still be the best decision that can be made. I'm willing to take the risk.

• Yes I want to get married one day.

• I don't know

• I do want to, but I don't think I will be able to.

• lol why?

• Although I disagree with you on the whole subject, I guess people want what they can't have.

• Don't listen to this stupid saying as it's only remotely true. For example, if I want a copy of Super Smash Bros, does it mean that I can't have it? Do you think guys who are in relationships don't want to get married? I want to get a great, muscular body... does that mean I can't have it? I want to get an apple watch or a 3d printer, does that mean I can't have them?

pfft.

• I wish I marry

• I've been rejected by so many girls in high school that I dont see any possible way of me ever getting married

• When you get money, girls will be easy! And so will marriage!

• I've never dated before I've been rejected by every girl I asked out

• Yes, don't ever stoop to that level. But... I guess it's worth learning the hard way too ;)

• I would lile to get married but there os nogirl who will be able to marry me because i am really so ugly

• Don't worry, marriage isn't supposed to be about love and women shouldn't have a choice.

• Nopes , NEVER... marriages are a bit too demanding , and them most imporant thing is that i am severely hairy guy...

• And to think that hairy was sexy just a few years ago. lol. True though, marriages totally suck

• well are you hairy as well? :-p
      and tbh ya am wayy tooooo hairy just as a beast is!
      :-/

• No, but oh well, who cares about what women want anyways. As long as you have money, houses and cars...

• If I ever do I'll probably be between 40 and 50 since I don't plan on having children.